>>>LACKLUSTER<<< Done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>>>LACKLUSTER

I used the picture of this from eBay...
161c459f.jpg

..and had Mr. Terry Jones make me this. He just sent me the artwork for approval. My last name is Heath and the address there is the downtown CHP office. And of course "BO-07" goes without saying.
heaths.jpg

The original badge is from Harrison's Cyclery.. That shop is long gone. I had never heard of it. The badge probably dates to the 50's...? Anyone here from Sacramento know any history on Harrison's Cyclery??

Re: >>>LACKLUSTER<<<

Front fender..... I took the left over piece from making the short rear fender and made a little front stubby out of it. I didn't get around to "making it fit" because it'll take some doing. Its very wide and with the Jerald in there, it doesn't leave much room to operate. I think, if I can make it work, it'll be a nice blend with the rear fender.

9d170353.jpg

8e180b8c.jpg

7b18b0b9.jpg

No updates on Lackluster over the weekend.. However, I was cruising through California's Amador wine country and drove through the town of Plymouth. I spotted the location I'd like to take my finished bike for a photo shoot. Kinda cool.
IMG_4528-1.jpg

Critter1 said:
No updates on Lackluster over the weekend.. However, I was cruising through California's Amador wine country and drove through the town of Plymouth. I spotted the location I'd like to take my finished bike for a photo shoot. Kinda cool.
IMG_4528-1.jpg
I agree! Very nice!

Critter: I haven't checked your thread in a while, you have made major progress. This build is lookin great! Headlight is awesome & that is a great place for a pic. Might make a great calendar shot ( if Steve does it this year). Great build!

looks great i love these frames and they lend them selves very well to customs

pick said:
Critter: I haven't checked your thread in a while, you have made major progress. This build is lookin great! Headlight is awesome & that is a great place for a pic. Might make a great calendar shot ( if Steve does it this year). Great build!
Thanks Pick. I have to try and get a lot done whenever I'm able to work on it. I'm hoping for more this weekend.. maybe even make some paint fly after I get that front stubby fender fit.

karfer67 said:
looks great i love these frames and they lend them selves very well to customs
Thanks Karfer. Are you opting out of the BO this year? ...or just holding out on us and gonna put something together at the 11th hour? :)

I had forgot to post this little tidbit from last week. The Columbia chain guard originally came with a chain oiler. It's a very cool idea and I'm sure, in its day, it worked well... but the one on my guard is completely worn out and the felt is all but gone. Even if I wanted it to work, it rubbed my chain which bugged me. Probably because of the 22t rear sprocket. You can kinda see it touching the chain in the first pic. I suppose I could have relocated it a little higher so the chain doesn't rub, but then isn't that the point of a chain oiler?? I'm just gonna do away with it and weld up the holes when I bodywork the guard...

103b40c1.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4497.jpg

I LOVE the Newsboy Specials...there is something so slick about them...you get a Golden Groundhog!

goldengroundhog.jpg

Latest posts

Back