How do I set up rear Dual Brake

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a rear dual brake from a Screamer that I want to put on my Eliminator Frame. I have the shifter and Dual Brake, how was it set up from the factory?

The duel brake set up on the Screamer works with both brake levers. There is no front brake on the Screamer. The Drag Brake on the shifter works using the same brake cable. The brake cable Cover is in 2 pieces. Before and after the shifter. The Cable runs through the Drag Brake side and has a square metal piece on the cable that pulls the cable for the brake when you pull the shifter. The cable is hard to find but you can make one with a brake cable clamp. Someone on here has a Drag brake they can take a picture of to get you a better idea.

That would be cool. I'm hoping there is a way to modify it so I can have both brake calipers pulled from the shifter, and then use one handle bar mounted handle for the front brake and one for the rear. I'm just looking forward to locking up that rear wheel for some skids....

Latest posts

Back