ElgIndian - 1927 Elgin Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool video. Looks like a smooth ride. Really love the spring fork combo. In the video was the pedal squeeking? I have one that is about to explode and it sqeaks every once in a while. I just put the end back over the axle and it goes away, but....
Funny you heard the squeak. It's actually a tire rubbing the frame in one spot. I need to true the wheel a tad more and readjust the centering on the dropouts.

Surprised you can't hear my wife asking me what I'm doing!!

I didn't hear that at all. But I watched the video on my phone so the sound quality is suspect. That video showed my favorite view when I ride my schwinn that's my avatar. I love the deep red fenders with the black baby D's spinning and the white wall tires are the only contrast. It just made my day to see the same view from someone else's eyes. Thanks

I'm currently taking time to think through my options for next steps....or if there will be any!

I will, at a minimum, be blowing the bike apart for major cleaning and greasing of any moving parts. I'll be truing the wheels, painting/treating the raw metal edges that came from cutting/grinding, lowlighting any 'new' parts, etc. I WILL be looking at another way to mount the spring to the fork...I have a plan, hope it works.

In the meantime, if anyone has suggestions, ideas, concerns, praises, condemnations....now would be a great time to share them. I'll accept all comments but reserve the right to discard the ones that I don't care for or take offense to. :wink1:

Remember these???

db07fb0c9b72de175ff0e5b81c2aac34.jpg

Did a little separation grinding/drilling/hammering...

04cfc28708c62603aa5f5aeaf720b67f.jpg

Now I have these to work with!!!

a3b7bdeecedf8d90c2275b2edad59338.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I knew this build needed these rockers, but it still requires reworking the spring-to-fork mount. I have an idea....

Last edited:
Wow! I did not know the scale of those pieces until you put them on the bike. That is an ingenious idea for the suspension! And ratty lookin' to boot...:thumbsup:

Love those rocker arms!

Well, the AC is out in my office at work, so my boss said it was a perfect day to test my remote network access! So...

On Wednesday, I had visited the professor/biker friend to see what he might have as far as "bits-n-bobs" for ElgIndian. One of the things I found was this...

e4bf94fac7acca3098a52523eab378dd.jpg

...an old Harley turn signal. Since it was old and motorcycle related, I thought I'd give it a try!

Pulled it out of the truck today and started tapping on it until it looked like this...

a1a96f958d2c8067715f428663091d3b.jpg

dd2db36fd11dc47497648c181b604344.jpg

Now to see where it might land on the bike!!!

Latest posts

Back