Eddie Munster's Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
10524730_10202948222960082_536142019763954977_n_zps09e6d28b.jpg

I have seen this picture many times but I do not remember ever seeing it on the show. Wonder how stiff it was.

Last edited:
You know what's really odd why take a pic of the child on the bike possibly use the bike in the show and then not give him the bike the should have ben given to him and never found it's way on to the bay

I have seen this picture many times but I do not remember ever seeing it on the show. Wonder how stiff it was.
"A rare photo of Butch Patrick posing for a publicity shot on the Chain Bike. Butch always hoped that the bike would be written into a Munsters episode, but it was not to be"

That's sad they should have used it in the show.

Cool bike I had never seen it before.

Bet it landed like a bucket of chain!
Cool look, expensive,
not practical, I like it!

Cool! I've always liked chain frames but never started on one..
I never saw this munster bike before!
This was the first one i ever saw made by Indian Larry. Anybody knows this bike?
f6eef0c31015f7721d08f9789fc17fa9.jpg

So much welding pffff. ..

Frank

Cool! I've always liked chain frames but never started on one..
I never saw this munster bike before!
This was the first one i ever saw made by Indian Larry. Anybody knows this bike?
f6eef0c31015f7721d08f9789fc17fa9.jpg

So much welding pffff. ..

Frank
Saw this bike built on Biker Build Off. If I remember correctly he welded on it for 2 solid days. It was ridden though, not just a show queen. Like you said, lots and lots of welding.

Who is planning a trip to the store for a bunch of chain to weld into a frame?
I think it would be a blast but would take a lot of work to make it straight I would think.
@LukeTheJoker this would be a fun idea for you.
The trick would be getting chain without a galvanised coating on it, I have considered doing it a few times, specially for a set of ape hangers, but have not found a source for mild steel uncoated chain...

Hope someone does it on here soon, so I don't have too... :rolleyes:

Luke.

The trick would be getting chain without a galvanised coating on it, I have considered doing it a few times, specially for a set of ape hangers, but have not found a source for mild steel uncoated chain...

Hope someone does it on here soon, so I don't have too... :rolleyes:

Luke.
and here I thought this would be a great idea for the frame on your muscle bike build off bike.

Just go find some old rusty log chain and then no coating to deal with lol.

Yep rusty old log chain... rusty old tow chain...
pre-patina-ed ready to roll, but Eddie's looks chromed...
Ya can't really chrome rust.

Carl.

should be able to find some non-galvanized chain at the local home store. I would think your welding skills would have to be top notched to make it look nice. I thought I once saw a picture of I. Larry working on chain once. It was stretched between 2 points using a turn buckle on one side.

I think if I was going to try to build a frame from chain I'd get a good thick board and draw out the shape of the frame to the scale I'd want it then cut a grove that the chain could fit into and put the chain in and start welding it.
I wouldn't mind giving it a try if I ever get my own garage and welder.

A board would burn up from excess heat when you started welding. You would have to hold the chain in place with something made of metal. Maybe a groove would work, but it is not so easy to put a groove into a heavy metal plate!

A board would burn up from excess heat when you started welding. You would have to hold the chain in place with something made of metal. Maybe a groove would work, but it is not so easy to put a groove into a heavy metal plate!
I was thinking that wood would be able to hold up for initial tacking the chain together; if you tried to fully weld like that it would be a bonfire.

Latest posts

Back