Can some of you add your location to your profile?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they're not trying to sell you something, what makes it your business? Can we set it up so we can block our location to suspicious looking posters? (like yoothgeye, the CEREAL KILLER!!)

deorman said:
If they're not trying to sell you something, what makes it your business? Can we set it up so we can block our location to suspicious looking posters? (like yoothgeye, the CEREAL KILLER!!)

You are in control of your location, instructions on the first page of how you can change it or remove it. If people are getting mad at me (over the internet :lol: ) about this then I would ask this entire thread to be removed for the good of the forum. I just like to know where people are when I am interacting with them, just a friendly "community" type of thing, but if people are paranoid, they must have a good reason and they can keep it as private as they want, I have no pull here.

Guess I forgot the razz smiley. :p Blocking you as an individual is not available in the profile settings. Anyway, you're welcome to your view and expressing it. I razz and opinionate here often, but beyond a certain point it becomes trolling, and that ain't cool. :|

deorman said:
Guess I forgot the razz smiley. :p Blocking you as an individual is not available in the profile settings. Anyway, you're welcome to your view and expressing it. I razz and opinionate here often, but beyond a certain point it becomes trolling, and that ain't cool. :|

I really don't know how to answer, already upset some people tonight, and that's not who I am. I'm done with this issue.

or you could just say.. I am in the bathroom and include the state
yoothgeye said:
Glad so many of you are on board, I could understand some vendors being vague or if we had anyone "high profile" around here, but I'm pretty sure based on the information I have that I could show up at Steve's door one day. haha I'm more worried about a local crack head stealing my bikes or creeping around my place than anyone tracking me down online.

I say just PM people if you see them being pretty active in one of your threads, they probably just don't even know how to fix it.

Here's a good example of how to be vague:

Location: 538 Franklin St. Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870 (too specific)

Location: Roanoke Rapids, NC (better, 16,000 people in town, good luck finding me)

Location: 27870 (the people who know the zip will recognize, but this will cause others to do some work to find me)

Location: Eastern NC (pretty secure, this is very vague, but still separates me from the Central and Western NC guys)

Location: North Carolina (if you are concerned at all about security, this is the best option, don't use last name and you're set)

Location: East Coast (Florida to Maine, good luck finding me)

I am going to change my Location to "Yard Sale"!

Peatbog said:
Here's the thing. I was having fun at youthgeye's expense. He was having fun responding. It became somewhat confusing to others that we were just verbal jousting in what we thought was rather witty and proper trash talk form.

I hold no ill-will against youthgeye. He really is a nice guy. I am sure he holds no ill-will against me even though, in reality, I am not no nice.

I am the type of guy who chases people down, stops them on the road (when they almost run me down on me bicycle), drag them out of their car, and tell them to straighten up. Really. See, not so nice.

But youthgeye and I were just having fun. It just may not have appeared that way.

Peatbog and myself are friends, brothers from another mother, nobody needs to get offended by what we say to or about each other, only what we say to or about you in unison... and we are coming up with ways to do *just* that.

i feel so much more comfortable with my location :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cry: :( :| :) :D :mrgreen: 8) :shock:

Totally disagree that any of it should be mandatory.
It's a free country, and mostly a free world.
Let people do what they want.

I have no big beef with your thread or your general silliness. I sympathize with the view that those using the swap meet should give at least a general location, but I don't do much dealing and I don't really much care if they do. I DO care about RRB degenerating into the sort of forum where people start calling those who disagree derogatory names, and disagreements start bleeding over into unrelated threads, hence my response in this one. I'm sure I'm not the only member who finds it at least as irksome, if not even more than lame efforts at trying to sneak in foul language or insulting innuendo, just to get it on there, on what is intended as a family-friendly hobby site. Fortunately that doesn't much happen here, and gets dealt with. Arguments gone astray and off-topic rants are a fuzzier area and thus harder to moderate effectively. Please respect your host. :|

P.S. Wayne Taco's location is AWESOME!!! :mrgreen:

general.jpg

Latest posts

Back