BAD APPLE Update: DONE! (with one minor adjustment)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/16 chainring & crank

Where's the painted frame :!: :!: :x :x :!: :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Looks cool, can't wait to see it come together :wink:

Those parts are going to look good together.

I can't wait to see how you put the LEDs in the spaceliner rack.
I have a spaceliner rack too but it was so heavy I haven't wanted to put it on anything yet.

The "Bad Apple" graphic looks cool 8)

Good luck with the weather.

MplsCoaster said:
Those parts are going to look good together.

I can't wait to see how you put the LEDs in the spaceliner rack.
I have a spaceliner rack too but it was so heavy I haven't wanted to put it on anything yet.

My plan is to put the lites in the two holes that are already in the back of the rack where the original was mounted. If that doesn't look right, I will go back to the drawing board. My rack was missing the lite when I got it.

I'm trying to keep consistant with the curves & shapes of the frame, ie: teardrop, point & slight curves. Don't want any sharp edges on it. The rack has some sharper edges, but I like the look of it especially the louvers, so I will keep it no matter what. Thanks for the comps & thanks for lookin! 8)

BTW your build is lookin great so far as well! We've got some stiff competition going on here!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Black chrome??? How ya gonna do that?

Cool set by the way.. :roll:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Not really chrome, it's a paint that is super glossy "wet" look and is a real dark greyish silver (pewter?), but not as dark as black. Surface has to be super smooth to look right! Looks pretty cool if done right though! Thanks for lookin "Doc".

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Sounds cool, hope you do it!

Cheers,
Dr. T

You think better than just chrome??? You can see a sample of it if you google black chrome paint. Having a hard time trying to make up my mind. I have a buddy that does chrome plating, if I decide to go with chrome, but kind of wanted something different. :?:

I goggled black chrome paint, :shock: :shock: :shock:
I would definitely go that way.

Can´t wait to do that to my 2011 Camaro...
unfortunately I will have to wait like twenty years or so,
and see if I can afford it then and if I can find a Camaro left here... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gdcast said:
I goggled black chrome paint, :shock: :shock: :shock:
I would definitely go that way.

Can´t wait to do that to my 2011 Camaro...
unfortunately I will have to wait like twenty years or so,
and see if I can afford it then and if I can find a Camaro left here... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Gdcast! That's the direction I'm leaning. I'm with you on the Camaro thing, I probably couldn't afford the wheels & tires! :lol:

The Year 2031
Just coming home from the Junk Yard with this:

2010-rat-rod-camaro-1.jpg

Not bad ha? :D

Gdcast said:
The Year 2031
Just coming home from the Junk Yard with this:

2010-rat-rod-camaro-1.jpg

Not bad ha? :D

COOL! Are those black chrome wheels? They look to be in incredible shape compared to the rest of the car!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks buddy for the input, it is really appreciated! 8)

I saw an article about that car. They took the brand new car and distressed the heck out of it. They did put a serious fast engine in it though.

M.Martian said:
I saw an article about that car. They took the brand new car and distressed the heck out of it. They did put a serious fast engine in it though.

Let me drive it for a few years! I will distress it & have lots of fun in the process! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even though it would look cool in black chrome, I think I like it just the way it is now (just like you say in your signature bad Apple) :wink:
Sorry for hijacking the thread! :oops:

Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/20chainring & crank

Finally got chainring & crank painted with black chrome. Like the look. now I'm thinking the springer will look out of place being chrome. So, I have another rusty springer I will sandblast & paint the same color as the crank & chainring. Wheels will also be painted the same color. Hoping this will look good with the synergy green color on the frame!???
dad.jpg

dad2.jpg

tin machine said:
hey pick ......don't feel like your behind , your going to be fine , lookin forward to seeing what you do , the race is not to the swift ...just so your there in the end ...tin machine :)

Thanks Tin! I'll be there in the end, one way or the other! Kind of been sidetracked restoring a tandem for a friend. As soon as I get it finished, I'm back on the Bad Apple. Thanks for lookin buddy! Your bike is lookin awesome in my opinion! 8)

That of the crank and sprocket will definetly POP on the green bike :mrgreen: Can't wait to see it start forming together 8)

Latest posts

Back