BAD APPLE Update: DONE! (with one minor adjustment)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/20chainring & crank

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
That of the crank and sprocket will definetly POP on the green bike :mrgreen: Can't wait to see it start forming together 8)

You & me both brother! I'm dying to get back on this bike! Hopefully some progress tomorrow! Thanks for lookin! :mrgreen: 8)

BTW your bike is looking awesome so far! I'm a bit jealous! I need to get into catch-up mode! (may have to have you call my wife & explain how important this really is!) Let me know if you're up for it! :lol: :lol:

She'll think its weird that a 13 year old will be calling :shock: :lol: :shock: You have a perfect pace, and thanks for the compliments :wink:

Hey Pick,

The black chrome looks really good 8)
What pedals are you going to use?
I can't wait to see the springer.

There's lots of time left so don't feel rushed.
You've got a plan, you're moving forward, everything looks good, no worries.
You'll be cruising in mega-style in no time. :D

Looking forward to the next installment.

MplsCoaster said:
Hey Pick,

The black chrome looks really good 8)
What pedals are you going to use?
I can't wait to see the springer.

There's lots of time left so don't feel rushed.
You've got a plan, you're moving forward, everything looks good, no worries.
You'll be cruising in mega-style in no time. :D

Looking forward to the next installment.

Found some teardrop pedals on ebay thanks to a tip from a fellow forum member. There are some pics in an earlier post. Thanks for lookin!

Yo pick, I'm diggin your bad apple. It looks very smooth.

Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/28 Headbadge

Finally got a crappy pic of the headbadge I got from Terry. (this guy does awesome work!) Headbadge looks 100 times better than the pic. Anyway, here it is.
headbadge007.jpg

Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/28 Headbadge

really really like the head badge

Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/29 Black Chrome

Finally got my rusty springer sandblasted (3 hrs blasting) yesterday & then painted the pieces. Waiting for paint to cure before putting together. That's the hard part, putting it together without scratching the new paint (nervous!). I'm happy with the results so far & my plan is to paint the wheels the same color. 8)
blackchrome001.jpg

blackchrome002.jpg

Hey Pick,

That black chrome head badge is going to look so cool against that green frame and fork.

I forgot about the teardrop pedals :oops:

Can't wait to see more.

Good Luck!

MplsCoaster said:
Hey Pick,

That black chrome head badge is going to look so cool against that green frame and fork.

I forgot about the teardrop pedals :oops:

Can't wait to see more.

Good Luck!

The headbadge is brass right now & I it looks so cool in brass I think I will leave it alone. I'm goin with black chrome on the springer, wheels, bars etc. Can't wait to put the springer together to see how it looks in one piece!

Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/29 Springer Assembled

Couldn't resist it, had to put the newly painted springer together to get a better look at it assembled. Paint came out pretty good & I handled it very carefully during assembly so I didn't scratch it. Here are some pics of it next to a chrome springer for comparison.
blackchrome003.jpg

blackchrome005.jpg

blackchrome004.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
SaaaaaaaaaWEEET! You need to change your tag line to "My favorite color is black chrome"

Can not wait to see this bike come together.

Cheers,
Dr. T

No, Doc, I have plenty of rusty bikes, that's why I wanted this one to be different & paint it! Thanks for lookin! 8)

Rust is still my favorite color! :lol:

Thanks Tin! That means alot comin from you! Thanks for lookin! Hope you are takin good care of that farmall light, I'm sure you are! :lol: :lol: 8)

Your build is lookin awesome as well! Seems like I'm movin kind of slow in my opinion. Guess I've got about 30 days left. Still haven't painted the frame, so I've been workin on the little stuff!

That black chrome came out so cool.
Great idea. It reminds me of manganese.

Looking forward to seeing a mockup.

Keep of the good work!

Thanks for the positive comments. Just working on the little stuff & hope to get the big stuff painted so I can start puttin it all together. I'm happy with the black chrome paint & still need to blast & paint the wheels the same color. Hopefully after this weekend. Gonna spend it with the family. Lots of good food & maybe even a few beers! :lol: :lol: Thanks for lookin! 8)

Latest posts

Back