Agent Orange

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the worst bike shops around!! I swear, out of the only two bike shops in town, that everyone that works there worked at McDonalds before getting hired there. These people are idiots!!! I went in to get a new headset, I asked for a 1 inch headset and the guy said "are you sure it's a 1 inch and not a 1 1/8?" I said yes I'm 100% sure it is. After about 3 minutes of this guy trying to tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about he then tells me I need to bring in my forks to make sure I get the right ones. WHAT!! I said, just sell me the part I asked for, I'm not going home to get my forks just to prove that I'm right. This a-hole out right refused to sell me a 5 dollar part because he thinks I'm wrong. And I'm not!! Needless to say, I left without any new parts. After letting this doorknob know what I think of him and his stupid bike shop I left knowing now I'm screwed for ever buying any bike parts locally. It was only 5 bucks!! If I was wrong then you'll make another 5 bucks off of me buying the correct set. Shesh! And these minimum wage douche bags think they are worth 15 bucks an hour?

Enough ranting, I gotta track down some parts and get back to building.

Hahaha sorry for laughing but, been there! So annoying!

Customize!

I know the feeling. Unfortunatly "You cant teach someone who already knows everything". I'm in the bike shop (only one), hardware store, or radio shack and they look at me like I'm crazy. "uh we don't have those", "we don't sell that", or "I've never heard of that". Sometimes I can track down the number and find it on the shelf myself.

I have the worst bike shops around!! I swear, out of the only two bike shops in town, that everyone that works there worked at McDonalds before getting hired there. These people are idiots!!! I went in to get a new headset, I asked for a 1 inch headset and the guy said "are you sure it's a 1 inch and not a 1 1/8?" I said yes I'm 100% sure it is. After about 3 minutes of this guy trying to tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about he then tells me I need to bring in my forks to make sure I get the right ones. WHAT!! I said, just sell me the part I asked for, I'm not going home to get my forks just to prove that I'm right. This a-hole out right refused to sell me a 5 dollar part because he thinks I'm wrong. And I'm not!! Needless to say, I left without any new parts. After letting this doorknob know what I think of him and his stupid bike shop I left knowing now I'm screwed for ever buying any bike parts locally. It was only 5 bucks!! If I was wrong then you'll make another 5 bucks off of me buying the correct set. Shesh! And these minimum wage douche bags think they are worth 15 bucks an hour?

Enough ranting, I gotta track down some parts and get back to building.
Ironic. I walked out of a bike shop on Thursday with nothing but elevated blood pressure. I asked for 26x2.125 tubes, 26" rim strips (the rubber that protects the tube from the spoke heads) and #5 5/16 axle bearings. The punk kid insisted that wasn't the bearing size I needed... Those are only in old bikes. ... And that I don't want rim strips I want to use electrical tape. Also pointed ata set of new 26"x1 rims that i should buy because that's easier than replacing the bearings.
Do you think that most new bikes have 2.125 tires? And if I wanted to use electrical tape I would have. If I wanted new rims I would have asked for them... can I get the parts? Kid just stared at me. I walked out.

Cr*p service and brainless know-it-all staff seems to be affecting most retail business these days. It's the fat cat bosses hiring ever lower paid inexperienced staff to protect their profit margins. We have a name for them here but I doubt I can use it in print! W*nk*rs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started converting the Caddi light over to a battery powered LED. It's amazing that one LED light bulb, a battery pack, batteries, wire, an on/off switch and a LED holder can cost more than the whole Caddi light. Oh well, it's going to look sweet!

Caddy tail light, custom tank, bling seat.....Chicano lowrider, all you need now is some hard core hydraulics :) Lovin it

Caddy tail light, custom tank, bling seat.....Chicano lowrider, all you need now is some hard core hydraulics :) Lovin it

Thanks. Just wait till you see the paint job.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back