█★█ starsNbars █★█ 38 Hawthorne Twin Bar 5 Bar ☠ - Red White and RUST - Tied for 7th Place

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look at some of the ideas you come up with, and I'm convinced there's "something" in the drinking water, in Savannah...Maybe you should bottle it!

Thanks Kota, I'll bottle up some of my magic Queenfish koi pond water and start giving away a free vial with every item bought from my sale threads. :D

"shake'n" it up!

Did that just happen?

tumblr_mcvdfsyTDU1rok6owo1_400%20copy.jpg

Agreed! I was amazed at some of the future build ideas he shared with me today. Just wait. Crazy cool things to come on this build and others!

Thanks Tyler. It was fun having someone in my junky tiny shop that gets this bike stuff that I could bounce ideas off of.

No way could I wait until tomorrow to finish the seat. I hope it wasn't too loud for the neighbors.
Finished the other stars and the curved border then cut the stripes away.
WP_20140531_22_50_39_Pro.jpg

Dremeled the the stripes
WP_20140531_23_00_52_Pro.jpg

And here she is. I am pretty pleased with the results!!! I may dremel around the edge of the seat in star section to give that section a border. We'll see.
WP_20140531_23_01_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20140531_23_02_03_Pro.jpg
WP_20140531_23_05_34_Pro.jpg

Also here is a sneak peak at the grips I plan to use. I got these wicked snaleskin and leather grips in a trade with @Rockit!
index.php

Here is one of them loosely on the bars.
WP_20140531_23_04_27_Pro.jpg

Lookin good!:113: I love that seat. It turned out absolutely perfect for your build! and should work with your fork paint idea nicely:grin:

Funny you should say that. Because I was just thinking of altering my fork paint scheme based on how the seat came out. I'll probably wait until after I finish the small stripes on some sections of the frame, but I am still thinking of not having any blue on the bike. It's morphing into a "Red, White and RUST" build instead of a "Red, White and Blue" build.

Wow:13: Seat is amazing KF...Well done :banana:

Thanks Miss Funk!! I'm really digging it too. It turned out better than I thought it could.

Funny you should say that. Because I was just thinking of altering my fork paint scheme based on how the seat came out. I'll probably wait until after I finish the small stripes on some sections of the frame, but I am still thinking of not having any blue on the bike. It's morphing into a "Red, White and RUST" build instead of a "Red, White and Blue" build.

I was talking about the matte black and gloss black stars and bars idea, I think that would contrast nice with the seat. But do what you want:happy:. And I like the red white and rust, Its still clear that its a patriotic bike without the blue.:113:

Dang B I never knew Double nickle was that tall. Man I'd look like a munchkin standing next to yall. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Believe me, he was MUCH shorter when I met him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm gonna play around on some scrap fenders with some rattle can options to try and duplicate the look I have on the seat. If it works out, then I'll try it on the fork legs.
I picked up a variety of textured spray cans today.
WP_20140601_21_15_32_Pro.jpg

It looks like the Multicolor textured darker brown and the hammered black may be close to my seat. I'm going to try the hammered black, mask off the pattern, then do the textured darker brown.

WP_20140601_21_16_11_Pro.jpg

I'm gonna play around on some scrap fenders with some rattle can options to try and duplicate the look I have on the seat. If it works out, then I'll try it on the fork legs.
I picked up a variety of textured spray cans today.
View attachment 3369

It looks like the Multicolor textured darker brown and the hammered black may be close to my seat. I'm going to try the hammered black, mask off the pattern, then do the textured darker brown.

View attachment 3370
Cool plan!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back