Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. core028

Swap Meet Finds

These are a couple of not so fresh finds but I finally have got around to posting. Went to the Smoopys swap meet and show last month and picked up a couple of bikes and some parts. Picked up a Hawthorne and a Higgins. Oh and thanks to the guys from Smoopys for an awesome show and swap meet...
  2. core028

Western Flyer Muscle Bike Help

Thats the only pic I have right now. I will try to get some better pics to post. Thanks
  3. core028

Western Flyer Muscle Bike Help

Hey guys. A friend of mine got this bike for his birthday when he was a kid. He dug it out of his dads barn the other day after talking to me about old bikes. He is wanting my help restoring the bike. Does anyone know what model of Western Flyer this is? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
  4. core028

A RAT OF ANOTHER BREED (Now with Jerald Tire 4-10-11)

Re: A RAT OF ANOTHER BREED Very nice! Love the look of those narrow wheels and tires on that frame. What size wheels and tires are those ?
  5. core028

My "SIDE" Project

Awesome! 8) Love the way it turned out...not the typical trike build!
  6. core028

Log Cabin Finds

Hey. Just replied.
  7. core028

Log Cabin Finds

Hey Thanks for the info! :D I didnt think about using the girls frame to fix the rusted boys bike. Is there much difference geometry wise in the girls and boys seat and chain stays? They look pretty close.
  8. core028

Log Cabin Finds

Yeah I thought it might be after I got it next to some of my other bikes last night. :( So how do you tell just by looking at a frame if it's a 24" or a 26" ?
  9. core028

Stuck In A Snowbank

Nice score! I have used a sticker removal spray available at most parts stores with pretty good success.
  10. core028

Hello from Singapore

Hello. I'm also pretty new to the old bike scene. There are a lot of good people on here that will help you out!
  11. core028

Boy in the house.

Welcome!
  12. core028

Log Cabin Finds

Thanks guys! I have oven cleaner and brake fluid both already so I am going to test both. The bike has a lot of the original green paint and the white pinstripping left under the red so I'm going to try and save as much of it as possible. I will post some pics of the results.
  13. core028

Log Cabin Finds

Ok you guys talked me into it! I'm going to try and save her! :D I think I'm going to try to get as much of the red paint off the Schwinn and build it rat style! Any suggestions on getting the red off? Seems like oven cleaner is a pretty popular method.
  14. core028

murray King Kat chopper

Awesome bike!
  15. core028

Log Cabin Finds

Yeah I thought about welding it up but I'm worried that the metal is really thin all along that seat stay. It would suck to be riding it and the stay break! :shock:
  16. core028

New Belgium Pitcher

Awesome! :D
  17. core028

Log Cabin Finds

Anyone know what the third one down might be? Thanks in advance!
  18. core028

Log Cabin Finds

Thanks for the info guys! I really like the Huffman but one of the seat stays has a hole rusted in it. :( I haven't decided what to do with it. Is there any way to save it?
  19. core028

Log Cabin Finds

Lol! They are already in my basement! :) I'm still not sure where the wheels disappeared too. I may need to do some more digging around and see if there are any more parts laying around.
  20. core028

Log Cabin Finds

Re: Log Cabin Finds...Mostlly Junk Well the first frame is really cool with some awesome patina and in pretty good shape but the other frames have some rust through.
Back