Log Cabin Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an 1850's log cabin to take apart and rebuild on my property and found these bikes in the woods behind it. The people i bought the cabin from told me to take anything in or around the cabin. I found these bikes behind the cabin in the woods. Most are rusted out pretty bad but I just couldn't leave them there all alone! :)
I really like the bike with the basket and the grip tassels. I can just imagine some kid riding down the road with the tassels flapping in the wind!
Anyone know the manufacture of these bikes? I know the one with the paint still intact is a Schwinn and the girls is a Western Flyer but not sure about the other two.

core028

core028

core028

core028

core028

Re: Log Cabin Finds...Mostlly Junk

Well the first frame is really cool with some awesome patina and in pretty good shape but the other frames have some rust through.

Re: Log Cabin Finds...Mostlly Junk

DO NOT KEEP THEM OUTSIDE TO RUST :shock: :shock: I will gladly take them if you want to ship them over to me :mrgreen: Great score by the way :p

Lol! They are already in my basement! :) I'm still not sure where the wheels disappeared too. I may need to do some more digging around and see if there are any more parts laying around.

ratina said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I think the bike with the tassels is a Hawthorne :? :?

Looks Huffman built to me
Oops, I meant to say Huffman :oops: :oops: :oops:
I will edit that :oops:

Thanks for the info guys! I really like the Huffman but one of the seat stays has a hole rusted in it. :( I haven't decided what to do with it. Is there any way to save it?

ratina said:
core028 said:
Thanks for the info guys! I really like the Huffman but one of the seat stays has a hole rusted in it. :( I haven't decided what to do with it. Is there any way to save it?

weld it back up!

+1! Just about anything is save-able if you want to put the time and energy in.

ratina said:
core028 said:

weld it back up!

Yeah I thought about welding it up but I'm worried that the metal is really thin all along that seat stay. It would suck to be riding it and the stay break! :shock:

Unchained said:
ratina said:
core028 said:

weld it back up!

Right.

Unchained said:
ratina said:
core028 said:

weld it back up!

Ok you guys talked me into it! I'm going to try and save her! :D
I think I'm going to try to get as much of the red paint off the Schwinn and build it rat style! Any suggestions on getting the red off? Seems like oven cleaner is a pretty popular method.

Back