Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. TOTAL CARNAGE

Mooneyes.. and Mags

I built a bike this winter that just had to have disk wheels. It started as a new Cranbrook from Walmat. I looked into many things to get a nice "spun aluminum" looking wheel from the $300 :shock: Mooneyes to aluminum pizza plates the end of a disel fuel tank........just couldn't make...
  2. TOTAL CARNAGE

Any E bike enthusiasts in the house?

I ran an E-Bike kit, 26" 500w brushless front hub, direct drive on 36 volts worth of SLA's. I had it on a Schwinn OCC chopper all last summer and it did better than I thought it would but didn't like the hills around here. It is now set up on a old Huffy Ocala step through for my friends wife...
  3. TOTAL CARNAGE

The Ol' Lady's- Old Lady

This is a 1940 J.C.Higgins I built for my wife. I was able to use the original wheels, Skip tooth chain and crank, Chain guard, Fenders, Handle bars and stem. The fenders needed a lot of pounding to get all the dents out and all the chrome was shot so I had to paint everything. I used a pair of...
  4. TOTAL CARNAGE

It's only MY opinion but..........

Thank you! It's running great. Mind, It's cold in Pa. so I only have about 4 miles on it. it will get better as it breaks in. This is the 3rd bike I have built with the long exhaust. I run the risk of plugging the converter in the muffler because it's so for from the engine but have found that...
  5. TOTAL CARNAGE

It's only MY opinion but..........

This is how I think a bike should look! I hope some of you share that opinion!! LOL. :mrgreen: The bike is a 1955 Rollfast. I got it and an older J.C. Higgins girls bike for $25! I hand built the tank and exhaust. I made arms for the forks and a girder to support it. This put the wheel 2"...
  6. TOTAL CARNAGE

Built my first motored bike!

Not bad! I just built one myself. I wanted a nice winter bike and the Huffy Cranbrook is a nice bike for the money. I used a black Flying horse engine from BikeBerry. I had no major problems with the build but the mounts almost always take a little thinking to figure out. I also added a front...
  7. TOTAL CARNAGE

Why do you build custom bikes?

Every thing they said! Kuttnhack..... You have said it better than I ever could. I'm saving your post and hanging a copy of it in my garage and tool box at the shop!!! I call myself an A/C teck. To be more detailed, I build custom air conditioning units for street rods and antique cars. some...
  8. TOTAL CARNAGE

Tonights find.....need help!

Nice! Do you know what year it is? The frame looks right but I don't have any holes for a badge so I'm quessing it was a decal and the chain wheel is different. Thanks again guys! Fast replies and good info.
  9. TOTAL CARNAGE

Yep! All right together like a bumpy slot. Thanks now I have a place to start! No, Looks like a butt joint to me.
  10. TOTAL CARNAGE

The guy said....25 bucks..take 'em both. I love Graig's list Ornge one, J.C. Higgins. Easy enough to figure out the rest Skip tooth chain...cool...never had one of those before. Needs a special chain? Now, the red and white one. No badge, no name, no numbers that I can find yet. Any ideas...
  11. TOTAL CARNAGE

It's TOTAL CARNAGE in western Pa.!!

Thank you Rat Rod. Nice place! maddogrider....I removed the brake arm and bent it to clear the bolts. No heat just a big vise and hammer. Just under the arm is the dust shield. I use it to scribe the center hole on the sprocket and use a burr bit on high speed in the drill press to open it up...
  12. TOTAL CARNAGE

It's TOTAL CARNAGE in western Pa.!!

Well, no it's not. It;s just me...Dan. Using the name I picked up during my racing years. Just wanted to say hi, tell you all what a great site this is. Good info and hot bikes! Thanks to this site I just found out I own a Spaceliner!! How cool is that? Here are some of my bikes.
  13. TOTAL CARNAGE

show your Spaceliners!!

This is SWEET!!! I didn't even know I owned a Spaceliner until tonight! When I pulled this rusted thing out of a old guys junk pile he told me it was a Sears bike made in 58 but didn't know more. The tank and rack fell apart on the way home they were rusted so bad. But still it was just to...
Back