Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Smellslike1974

1951 Schwinn Black Phantom

Yeah I have my set ways of doings,but I figured Id post my problem on here that way If someone In the future has this problem hopefully they can look back on my post and see a solution(dont have one yet!) :lol: but soon hopefully!I also thought of welding a nut to a small metal pipe that would...
  2. Smellslike1974

I'm capable of cutting and welding It but I wanted that to be my really really last resort.Wasent sure if there were clever ways of fixing this without cutting. I did use a big deck screw with some vice grips.I kept turning the screw until It grabbed onto either the stem screw thread or the...
  3. Smellslike1974

Soall morning I have been trying to get the stem and wedge out of the fork tube.I have looked at the how tos on this site but they dont exactly explain a solution to my problem... :( The stem rust apart inside the fork tube,so theres maybe an inch of stem left inside.underneath that Is the...
  4. Smellslike1974

I finally had free time today and started working on the front end.I have a lack of room In my garage due to a side job so I setup shop In my bedroom. :lol: First thing I did was remove the front fender.I then started on the handlebars.Now remember the handle bars were stuck,so for about 3...
  5. Smellslike1974

I haven't had much time to work on the bike such as getting It apart.Soon though I would like to take the front end apart.Now this Is my first suspension front end bike.Is there anything important I need to know about? By the way.Like I said before the handlebar stem bolt was snapped,so the...
  6. Smellslike1974

Tsssss Creeper build... updated

Re: Tsssss Creeper build... Im a minecrafter myself.It would be awesome to make a mine cart for the back of the trike and put a huge stuffed spy chicken In It.Ha! looks amazing so far!
  7. Smellslike1974

Tsssss Creeper build... updated

Re: Tsssss Creeper build... I cant wait for this!
  8. Smellslike1974

Well since I have gotten the bike I have been busy doing other stuff,but today I went over the bike.the handle bars were loose so I tightened them.Tires had air In them but I put a little more In.I did have the tank apart,I grabbed a small horn from a junk electric scooter we had,Its mounted in...
  9. Smellslike1974

Thanks.Since fenders aren't original to the bike I think I may sand and repaint them,looks like they have been painted a couple of times.Its a shame who ever did the re paint on the fenders,bars and rear rack didn't even take anything apart.There's metallic paint over spray every wheres.
  10. Smellslike1974

Ahhh is that how they did it!So basically if i can get whats left of the key out I should be able to get a duplicate made?
  11. Smellslike1974

Thats what I figured,find some cheap horn with a sound I like and be happy.The button has the wires and all just nothing else,ill try using the button.If not ill bag,label and shelf it for safe keeping.
  12. Smellslike1974

Roughly a week ago my mom and I were out and about.The location we were heading to was up the road from a corner lot where a guy sells used cars,he also always has bicycles out front for sale and I'm always sitting forward In my seat seeing what hes got.He always has some nice bikes but not nice...
  13. Smellslike1974

flying pegasus

I have been drooling over the few pics of this creation you have posted.I cant wait until you finish it!
  14. Smellslike1974

1976 Sears Hi Riser

Ahhh! beautiful bike! Nice resto!
  15. Smellslike1974

"THE STRETCHER"

Or what if you just spray the spokes the matching green but leave the rims chrome.
  16. Smellslike1974

Guitar bike

I have a suggestion! http://www.bicycledesigner.com/defaulthome.asp?Main=/datasheet.asp%3FPartNumber%3D524120 just paint them to match. :mrgreen:
  17. Smellslike1974

girls ross compact- indian board track build.

My brotehr is having teh same problem. the chains that come with motor kits for the bicycles is an oversized chain they use for bmx.Visit your nearest bmx purposed place.
  18. Smellslike1974

"THE STRETCHER"

that an awesome bike,but personally i would change the wheels.
  19. Smellslike1974

Got an old Western Flyer....The sex change was a success

Do whatever you want its your bike! i actually like it the way it is now.
  20. Smellslike1974

The Filthy Rat..

Thanks! Wow they are pricey. :roll:
Back