Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. blsm

Cruiser eTailer sites

It's been a decade-ish since I've built a cruiser and lurked on this board. A couple projects came my way so it's time to scratch that old itch. However, it seems like all the parts websites / manufacturers I can remember are gone now. Everything else I found on Google has a horrible selection...
  2. blsm

Let's see your Zep...I mean Snyder Fastback Sport Frame

These pics are a couple years old. I've changed a few things since - block pedals, Schwinn blade fork (with the repop Monarch front strut assembly), old Sears Spyder sprocket, Wald formed sheetmetal stem, and an Electra Ratrod seat.
  3. blsm

1937 Bottle Cage

4. blsm

'63 Schwinn to rat out.

Re: Electra Rat Fink 20". Should I? Go for it. I've always wanted to get one and make it into a modern-day Stingray.
  5. blsm

Jenna Saykwa Longbike

Re: Flat Top Cruiser I hate to give ideas to the competition, but a smaller Longboard deck would look good back there.
  6. blsm

***** S.P. Chelsea Creeper *****

I'm starting with a Worksman Industrial Newsboy that used to be a parts runner at a local Boeing plant. This is going to have an English café racer theme. The main guideline I am setting for myself will be: this is bicycle in all form and function. Of course it has to look cool, but I'm not...
  7. blsm

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

8. blsm

BUILD OFF #5 IS COMING

People tend to argue over the rules like bratty schoolchildren. The way I look at it though, build it any way you think is best and let the final poll speak for itself.
  9. blsm

BUILD OFF #5 IS COMING

Usually the best way for me to guarantee a bike doesn't get finished is to put it in a build off. This time, however, I promised it to my dad so hopefully some deep-seated childhood fear of disappointing him will pull me through
  10. blsm

Worksman Hub Question

Its just a heavy duty hub with huge bearings made to handle industrial-sized loads in the front baskets.
  11. blsm

Carolina MotoBike.

You could buy a cylindrical spun aluminum tank, mount it between the bars, then cut some plates to fill up the area fore and aft of it.
  12. blsm

Apollo Uno (NEW bars update 3/6/2010)

Re: Apollo - OH NO! A Sears rat-trap springer would look good on that.
  13. blsm

Worksman Build

That looks amazing. I'm going to start a Worksman build soon. As much as I would love to put a tank like that on, I'll have to settle for asking if you would make stainless tank plates for those frames .
  14. blsm

Felt Apehanger Q's

I've sent an email to Felt regarding this over a week ago but haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know the measurements of their straight apehanger handlebar? The main thing I need to know is if it has a 7/8" clamp area. Thanks.
  15. blsm

Sky Ranger

I'd like to see the flipped touring bars with that varsity stem! As far as the saddle, I think a honey Brooks B17 would do the trick.
  16. blsm

Kent Washington bike ride??? April 17 2010

Re: Kent Washington bike ride??? (south of seattle) April 2010 I'm in.
  17. blsm

V12 just out of the box, updated

Re: V12 just out of the box I wish Felt offered those bars in chrome =(
  18. blsm

show your Spaceliners!!

The condition I bought it in: the progress I made before getting sidetracked:
  19. blsm

Picked up a repop Western Flyer..Decisions?

Flat-black the frame & fork Leave everything else as-is, possibly ditching the front fender.
  20. blsm

1940's Colson

Offhand, I'd guess its to reflect automotive styling of the time
Back