Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

Munched up binder tabs, any solutions?

shims are easy enough to make. try beer can first, IIRC, it's 0.1mm. other containers, such as the steel cans i sometimes buy ground coffee in are 0.7mm. copper pipe is thicker yet. trial and error & a pair of tinsnips will get you there.
  2. H

Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

42-635. that's 28" in england. different to 28" in other parts of northern europe. what the colonies call it, i've really no idea :lol:
  3. H

Show us them cars!

agreed. i'm not normally a watercooled/front engine fan, but there's just something about your little golf. and shipping wouldn't be a killer for me - it's just a couple of days to calais, isn't it? :wink:
  4. H

Show us them cars!

it's such a shame what your usa regs requiring big bumpers does to little european motors. :? apart from that, it's a beaut
  5. H

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

apologies if it's a repeat
  6. H

lovely, i especially like the top one. heel mooi
  7. H

Name that car (GAME)

spot on 8)
  8. H

Name that car (GAME)

i had heard tell that vw had made a prototype or two of rear engined things before they got it right in 1980. :P and then gave up in 1990 :(
  9. H

Name that car (GAME)

doka is a contraction of double kabbin, a 4 or 5 seat pickup. every day's a school day. :wink:
  10. H

Name that car (GAME)

type 3 ghia is close, but i reckon it's a vw type 34 :oops: who can name the manufacturer of my old pick-up, and i don't mean VW
  11. H

maybe not, but still lovely. :D
  12. H

my opinion (if it's worth anything) is that it must have 1.relaxed geometry 2. hub gears or singlespeed 3. lugged steel frame. tig welded aluminium with derailliers but with white tyres just doesn't cut it at all
  13. H

when i read that, i thought it will easily be disproved. and then this came along instantly. this green one is perfect. i'm well jealous. :D i'm not sure that's true, either. i suspect that people have been flipping the bars and binning the chaincase and mudgaurds of their roadsters for...
  14. H

i agree that the geometry is important, but as for them not being available since the '50s is to miss the current cheap and plentiful (and plain good) raleigh atb's. imho this sort of thing would make a good govn'r type http://www.togglechaintour.co.uk/?FOR_SALE&pic=8&page=0
  15. H

SA 3 SP Shifter Options

yes. it'll also work better with an old funnel nut, rather than the black bits at the top of the pic.
  16. H

Sturmey archer 3 spd coaster brake help

always have two brakes. the chain could come off or snap off any coaster
  17. H

what an amazing transformation. and you've done the garden. well done that man. :mrgreen:
  18. H

26 X 1 5/8 W/0 Made In Japan

you don't need to know much. just to ignore all the stupid old imperial measurements and only take notice of The European Tyre and Rim Technical Organisation (ETRTO) numbers. in other words - go metric and stop having .... ups. :lol:
  19. H

Teach The Children, Well ?

the case for helmets is a long way from concluded yet. brakes on the other hand are useful. whilst you'll struggle to get that age group doing maintainance, you could get them to do a basic check of their bikes before they ride them. brakes OK? tyres inflated? & etc.
  20. H

Sturmey archer 3 spd coaster brake help

hot to repair old sturmey archer hubs. http://www.hadland.me.uk/samaintind.htm also, check out the links in my sig.
Back