Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

Alco Villager "3" Complete makeover!

Very Nice!
  2. O

Mongoose 29er bike parts?

thanks all! I went to my local bike shop and they had one :D. They are a great group. Course, that part cost more than I spent on the bike itself :lol: . I got it adjusted and it shift and rides good.
  3. O

Unfair Marriage

Looking good. I really like the fender and the use of the second bar.
  4. O

I did not know that they owned mongoose also. the rear derailleur is Shimano Tourney tx35. I went to the Shimano and others and they do not sale the hanger. I will look into the Pacific. Thank you.
  5. O

I know wallyworld bike are not great. But I have been practicing my welding on them, so with this package deal off of cl this bike only cost me $13 and some change. It need the hanger for the derailleur in the rear. I have extra derailleurs but this one is shaped to fit in the machined area...
  6. O

Apes and bananas

yes, liking the home built springer :D
  7. O

Graylock's Flat Lander of Ayer finished

That is a Awesome build! I really like riding my continental. But that look would make it so much better. WOW!
  8. O

Unfair Marriage

I am not sure if a chrome shop would do it to spokes, but part of the chroming process is copper layer, if you can cover the threads (or chase them later with a die) and have a chrome shop stop at the copper layer. :idea:
  9. O

Unfair Marriage

very curious, need to see more :!:
  10. O

1941 Schwinn Preservation

Not sure if the paints are the same (so might want to try a small area out of view), but with my 65 truck I used a 2000 grit on most of the paint and 1500 grit on the rusted areas. Then sprayed the truck with a clear. Cool bike!
  11. O

Bent Burrito?

Thanks, it is about 8 feet long, one foot shorter than the recumbent I built. My truck is 65 with a 61 hood and grill, most say it is the wrong hood for the truck, but I really like it. And in the 6 months it has been back on the road it has hauled a lot of bikes. :D
  12. O

Bent Burrito?

I think I got 10 speeds working. Here are some progression pics. Got the Jockey shifter working thanks to HippieKruiser ideal. I built a seat back. Then the rack on the back is made from an old metal swing seat
  13. O

Suicide Shifter idea for a build

I just used a modified version of HippieKruiser ideal and it worked well! These are all great ideals. Thanks here is mine, I just slipped my seat clamp over a piece of leather.
  14. O

1973 Schwinn Continental

Yes, this bike is also very smooth riding. I just sprayed some lube in all the areas just to see if anything was grinding, but all good so added some new tires and wiped it down. Course, still haven't decided where I want the brake levers.
  15. O

Apes and bananas

very cool! cannot wait to see more.
  16. O

54 CWC

awesome! great color combo!
  17. O

Bent Burrito?

Not sure what to call it, but it's a cross between the two styles of bikes I really like. A recumbent and a burrito bike. Started one day trying out my tube bender (I have had for years but never used). cut up a old Huffy and started welding pieces on, along with building a jig to help out...
  18. O

"Finished" - Dragster Inpired Project- updated wheels

Love the bike! WOW!
  19. O

Hi new from TX

Elgin just outside Austin.
Back