Bent Burrito?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what to call it, but it's a cross between the two styles of bikes I really like. A recumbent and a burrito bike.
Started one day trying out my tube bender (I have had for years but never used).

cut up a old Huffy and started welding pieces on, along with building a jig to help out with the next bike.

used two old free wheels for the chains (took all of the gears off except for the first 2 off one and one off the other, trying to match 1:1), and had a grip shifter that I need to make a handle for

have most of it done, and it rides great.

next is a seat back

I think I got 10 speeds working. Here are some progression pics. Got the Jockey shifter working thanks to HippieKruiser ideal. I built a seat back. Then the rack on the back is made from an old metal swing seat

You're right the burrito bunch has been quite here lately. Liking those bars as well as that chevy, (60 or 61?).

Thanks, it is about 8 feet long, one foot shorter than the recumbent I built. My truck is 65 with a 61 hood and grill, most say it is the wrong hood for the truck, but I really like it. And in the 6 months it has been back on the road it has hauled a lot of bikes. :D

Back