Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sirgalahade

Garage Sale Find

Don't think a Flightliner, all the ones I have seen have two top rails this has one. But it does have the drop outs of a Flightliner. safe to say its a early 60's Higgins of some sort
  2. sirgalahade

Garage Sale Find

Just seen a flightliner, and it has the same dropouts
  3. sirgalahade

Garage Sale Find

another thing is the main sprocket, I looked at all the AMF's and this one looks completely different. Its smaller diameter, and has a series of holes around, big small, big small. Looked closer too to the hub, its a Bendix red stripe RB2, spins like a top and breaks nice. wiped off the...
  4. sirgalahade

Garage Sale Find

yeah I will post pics (my camera is at the office)
  5. sirgalahade

Garage Sale Find

I was thinking Higgins too, I am just surprised that there is absolutely no numbers anywhere on the bike, I checked all the standard spots. oh well a $7 Higgins is cool by me LOL
  6. sirgalahade

Garage Sale Find

It also has a Bendix red stripe (One Stripe) rear hub. A quick wipe and it looks like new. With the rear dropouts again. Instead of being rounded like I have seen on most bikes, they seem to be kind of a rounded arrowhead shape (that's what I ment about being elongated.
  7. sirgalahade

Garage Sale Find

Found a old cruiser. There is only a H on the bottom bracket, and no other markings. Schwinn style frame 26". But tube seems thinner. There are no screw holes for a badge plate ( I assume there was once a decal) The dropouts are strange looking. Kind of elongated with two screw holes above...
  8. sirgalahade

My Big Daddy modify

The weather was good enough to get out a ride for the first time this season. Legs are sore but it felt great to get out there. Still trying to find someone that can cut diamondplate for the flat tank then I am going to start a new bike.
  9. sirgalahade

My Big Daddy modify

Before the next build I need to finish off the first one. Want to cut a flat tank out of diamond plate. and i am in search of a iron cross rear light and the first build should be done. LOL Then again there is always something cool to put on the bike. :mrgreen:
  10. sirgalahade

My Big Daddy modify

Well the weather is changing and I am getting the itch to go and ride. Thinking about buying another Big Daddy and doing a different modify with it. Maybe a adult sized Stingray.
  11. sirgalahade

Before & After Pics

After
  12. sirgalahade

Before & After Pics

Before
  13. sirgalahade

My Big Daddy modify

The is a bike shop here in Lincoln Park called Al Petri and Sons. They have been around since the 40's. That is where i found all of the hod rod parts for the bike as well as the spikes.
  14. sirgalahade

Let's See your Big Daddies

I add spikes to the fenders today.
  15. sirgalahade

Huffy Big Daddy New pics!!!

Re: Huffy Big Daddy
Back