Garage Sale Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a old cruiser. There is only a H on the bottom bracket, and no other markings. Schwinn style frame 26". But tube seems thinner. There are no screw holes for a badge plate ( I assume there was once a decal) The dropouts are strange looking. Kind of elongated with two screw holes above the slots in the dropouts. I don't have my camera here at the house but I will be posting pics shortly. Anyone have an idea of what kind it is? It there any other identifiers I should look for? Either way it may be rusty, and greasy, but after I put a front wheel on it, it rides smooth as glass. and only paid $7.00 for it LOL

It also has a Bendix red stripe (One Stripe) rear hub. A quick wipe and it looks like new. With the rear dropouts again. Instead of being rounded like I have seen on most bikes, they seem to be kind of a rounded arrowhead shape (that's what I ment about being elongated.

Sounds a lot like a Murray frame. Sounds like a Higgins Flightliner or similar if you say Schwinn style frame.. the Flightliner came out in 1959--the year Schwinn's patent on the cantilever frame expired and it was open season for all manufacturers.

the arrow shaped dropouts sound a lot like my amf 4 bar frame i had awhile back.
that one was a 1967
it too had mounts for fenders and/or a rack on the rear drops.
send a pic of the drops and i will tell you if their like mine.
still a 7 dollar cruiser is a really good deal i would have jumped on that in a heartbeat
Sean

I was thinking Higgins too, I am just surprised that there is absolutely no numbers anywhere on the bike, I checked all the standard spots. oh well a $7 Higgins is cool by me LOL

another thing is the main sprocket, I looked at all the AMF's and this one looks completely different. Its smaller diameter, and has a series of holes around, big small, big small. Looked closer too to the hub, its a Bendix red stripe RB2, spins like a top and breaks nice. wiped off the grease and looks like new

Don't think a Flightliner, all the ones I have seen have two top rails this has one. But it does have the drop outs of a Flightliner. safe to say its a early 60's Higgins of some sort

Latest posts

Back