My Big Daddy modify

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again I have added more spike. I put them along the top ridge of the chain guard this time.

I also found some saddle bags, the are canvas and nylon but they will have to do until I find a good set of leather one.

I also added Electra black leather tassles onto the grips. I will add pics in the morn.

002.jpg

The is a bike shop here in Lincoln Park called Al Petri and Sons. They have been around since the 40's. That is where i found all of the hod rod parts for the bike as well as the spikes.

Well the weather is changing and I am getting the itch to go and ride. Thinking about buying another Big Daddy and doing a different modify with it. Maybe a adult sized Stingray.

Can't wait to see this one...I did a "banana seat / sissy bar" on my old Murray....just changed it back not too long ago,...liked the "bobber" look to it...let's see how yours comes out...I have another (couple) frames i can try again with...lol.... :D
sirgalahade said:
Well the weather is changing and I am getting the itch to go and ride. Thinking about buying another Big Daddy and doing a different modify with it. Maybe a adult sized Stingray.

Before the next build I need to finish off the first one. Want to cut a flat tank out of diamond plate. and i am in search of a iron cross rear light and the first build should be done. LOL Then again there is always something cool to put on the bike. :mrgreen:

The weather was good enough to get out a ride for the first time this season. Legs are sore but it felt great to get out there. Still trying to find someone that can cut diamondplate for the flat tank then I am going to start a new bike.

Hey a $12.00 jig saw at the Pawn shop will cut diamond plate with the right blade, I wouldn't think you are making it from steel, right???
Be happy and use thin alum. or stainless diamond plate, sold thru JC Whitney as bed rail protecters and such, or scour a junk yard as I do and get it free!

Remember; Cutt alum. fast, stainles slow and lots of pressure(coolent/oil) and be carefull, wear personal protective stuff lke glasses.

Back