Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

new chopper for the young'in

nope, its going to most likely be red to match daddys typhoon. Although she wants to do it campus green, that way when i restore the typhoon they will match.
  2. K

new chopper for the young'in

Heres the latest project to emerge from my kitchen. So far its just in the mock-up phase. 72 Schwinn speedster. 24" fork with a 72 spoke 16 front. Going to run either mini apes or modified bmx bars. Its for my 7 year old so i have to keep it rideable for her. tell me what yall think.
  3. K

hi from illinois!

heres a pic of my first chop i ever built. Finally got her back together today. Still need to polish her up and find a different seat and some brakes.
  4. K

My rat project.

my homebuilt chop. all 1x1 chrome moly square tubing.
  5. K

My rat project.

Clear coat? NAh! just gonna ride it as it is. The 3 inch tire is actually off my chopper. I had it off for maintenance and used it for the mockup. That tire is soooo trashed! I repaired a split in the sidewall with a needle and thread and super glue!
  6. K

limo bike --------- some news p.5

Re: limo bike FINISHED !! Very nice craftsmanship. Congrats on a job very well done!
  7. K

My rat project.

first test ride today! The baby loved it, only issues i found were one of the bolts for the seat was hitting the chain and the front wheel seemed to be off center and made it pull to the left. Done for today, back at it again tomorrow.
  8. K

My rat project.

some new pics of my baby haulin rat bike. used an old cadillac buckle i had laying around for the seat belt. The bars and seat are temporary until i locate an actual schwinn seat or an old hairpin saddle. i plan on ordering my apehangers next week. For those of you that are...
  9. K

My rat project.

Heres some pics of the build up of my 71 Schwinn typhoon rat bike. Not meant to be pretty, but functional. Nowhere near the time/money spent as some of these bikes on here, but its mine and i live it. got some more pictures to take later. Picked up an 80's era baby seat for the back...
  10. K

Coca~Cola fat tire build "the carbonated cruiser"

Awesome build! I was trying to figure out how to put a 24x3 on my schwinn without ruining the frame. I may have to try your frame spreader trick.
  11. K

FRANKENSTIENMOONSCHWINE 5/12/12 FINISHED!!!>:0

Re: FRANKENSTIENMOONSCHWINE update FINISHED!!!>:0 that is awesome. so many cool little details.
  12. K

HP Snyder afternoon build: RATTY!

looks sweet!
  13. K

1971 schwinn typhoon info wanted.

pretty! Mt LBS has a few sets of tires for the s7 wheels. i went with aluminum 26 inchers so i can paint them if i want to.
  14. K

Shes a beauty!
  15. K

heres a pic of where im at so far. I love that front rack, its going to have a real cool look with the fender and wide white wall when its all together.
  16. K

I picked up a wheelset yesterday from my local bike shop, aluminum single speed. couldnt beat the deal, brand new rear and fresh rebuilt front wit a cool mohawk style GT hub for $50 bucks. Had to take the bike to the auto shop down the street and have them put some kroil and an impact to get the...
  17. K

Good info guys. I appreciate it. Campus Green, thats what i need to know. Unfortunately the original wheelset is long gone. Unless i can find one i may be doing the "buy a walmart bike for parts and sell the rest" thing. Seems the most cost effective way to go since my LBS wants $90 just for a...
  18. K

where'd you username come from?

my bike club, klunker league now, and my lucky number 27.
  19. K

Hi, im looking for some info on my 71 schwinn typhoon. Its spray painted red, but the original green is showing through in spots. I would like to know the name of the original color of it. Also, was this bike originally equipped with a kick-back two speed hub? Any ideas on sourcing those parts...
Back