My rat project.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres some pics of the build up of my 71 Schwinn typhoon rat bike. Not meant to be pretty, but functional. Nowhere near the time/money spent as some of these bikes on here, but its mine and i live it.

100_2758.jpg

100_2759.jpg

got some more pictures to take later. Picked up an 80's era baby seat for the back today off CL for 10 bucks, still have to find a seat, bars and fenders, then she will be ready for the road.

some new pics of my baby haulin rat bike.

100_2762.jpg

used an old cadillac buckle i had laying around for the seat belt.

100_2763.jpg

The bars and seat are temporary until i locate an actual schwinn seat or an old hairpin saddle. i plan on ordering my apehangers next week.

For those of you that are observant the tires have white spray paint on them, thats the aftermath of another chopper i had being stolen and the kids spray painted the entire bike white. I recovered that bike with a 10 inch diving knife in rush hour traffic about 5 minutes before the cops showed up from a group of 5 or 6 teenage kids.

first test ride today! The baby loved it, only issues i found were one of the bolts for the seat was hitting the chain and the front wheel seemed to be off center and made it pull to the left. Done for today, back at it again tomorrow.

When my kids were little we rode all over with a that type of seat. The loved it!

Have Fun!
Marty

NICE WORK!! JUST CLEAR COAT IT. HEY IS THAT A 3 INCH TIRE YOU HAD ON THE BIKE AT FIRST?!? IF SO WANNA SELL IT :D PM ME. PEACE

Clear coat? NAh! just gonna ride it as it is. The 3 inch tire is actually off my chopper. I had it off for maintenance and used it for the mockup. That tire is soooo trashed! I repaired a split in the sidewall with a needle and thread and super glue!

Latest posts

Back