Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. I

Picked Up This Double Bar Trike

No unfortunately, I just grabbed this picture off google. I think it's really cool too though
  2. I

Picked Up This Double Bar Trike

I plan on ratting this to heck, but I would like to have a better idea of what it is. Now I assume by the lugs that it's English, and the left side of the forks has a small H inside a circle, which I was told was Hercules. Never seen this sprocket before, it's really interesting...
  3. I

Late 60s(I think) Hawthorne 26" Cruiser

I traded my Sears Tote Bike for this frame and all the parts I want for it. I really missed the only other cruiser I had, a Murray chrome cantilever that ended up in bad condition as you can see... Mainly because the seatpost had to be welded on really badly in order to function. Anyways I...
  4. I

60s Sears Tote Bike

This was how it was when I bought it, pretty original. Then the Sachs Torpedo rims went out and the three speed broke so I stripped it and turned it into a monster. All of the parts except the seat came from user mortundead so credit to him for letting me pick whatever fit and piece it...
  5. I

1936 Monark Ace Girl's Bike

I got tired of my '73 Schwinn Speedster's frame So I traded it for a '36 Monark Ace girl's frame which I fixed up really simple; 26" rims and tires off a Montgomery Ward Open Road Fitness Bike, and the pedals are off a Sear's Tote Bike. All other parts are from the Speedster. First attempt at...
  6. I

First Build- '72 Speedster

I was feeling like starting a build one day so I went to the nearest antique shop from my house and the first thing I see is this 3-speed '72 Schwinn Speedster that's on top of a bunch of old trunks and bags but I bought it for $45 and brought it home. The fenders were bent badly and I wasn't...
  7. I

Shiny unknown chrome cruiser

By the way, the handlebars are from a 50s bike. I put those on when I got it today.
  8. I

Shiny unknown chrome cruiser

I was walking home from school today, and I saw this leaning up against a stop sign in front of an antique shop. I fell in love with it, and paid $50 for it. It has the rear rim, but no tube or tire. I was just wondering what exactly I bought here, I know it's fairly new though.
  9. I

1973 Schwinn Speedster. I'm looking for ideas.

Okay yeah. That DID happen once, but thank god there was a hipster bike shop a less than a quarter mile from where it broke down so they put the wheel back on for me. I did make them mad because the nuts are a weird size and they couldn't use the ratchet they wanted.
  10. I

Bike-Pulled Chariot Built Out of Wood

Last summer, me and my friend had a sudden urge to build a chariot. It only took about a week to complete but when we took it on its maiden(and only) voyage, the brace that connects it to a bike cracked and we had to walk it two miles back to our home. But we are currently working on a way to...
  11. I

1973 Schwinn Speedster. I'm looking for ideas.

I bought this '73 Speedster about a month ago and when I got it, it was missing wheels so I traded for some and now it runs except that the front rim is bent because I'm assuming it was in an accident. I'm starting a rebuild where I'm gonna lower the front, get cruiser tires, a new chain...
Back