First Build- '72 Speedster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was feeling like starting a build one day so I went to the nearest antique shop from my house and the first thing I see is this 3-speed '72 Schwinn Speedster that's on top of a bunch of old trunks and bags but I bought it for $45 and brought it home.

photo1.jpg

The fenders were bent badly and I wasn't feeling up to fixing them back then so I threw them in the garage, and traded the rear rim for a 27" pedalback rim and wheel.
photo3.jpg

Took off the chainguard, and handbrakes, got a tire for the front wheel and rode it around some, but realized the front rim was really bent.
IMG_0255.jpg

Decided to change the entire look of the bike by putting some cruiser rims and balloon tires on it. Also got a straightbar handlebar(The Stash) and repainted it silver and blue.
Sorry for the bad picture quality here. I broke my iPhone so I had to use my backup old razr. :(
photo2.jpg

Today I felt like it was missing something so I took the fenders and cut them down and put them on. Now it's completely finished, and rides very well.
_Preview_.jpg

The only thing I want to do now is put a different seat on it. Because the black cruiser seat it came with is a little weird.

Back