Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

RIDEOUT for the people of WALES U.K. ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Re: RIDEOUT for the people of WALES, U.K. Hey, I'm in North Wales (close to Bangor), idea sounds brilliant! However, due to my Uni course i got next to no time for anything fun :? . Friend request send to you as well!
  2. T

My New Hornet

seconded!! Hamburch, deine Perlen!
  3. T

Need help finishing my bike

I personally love the seat! As for changes, I'd say get a stem that drops slightly because that would give the bike a meaner "go fast" look and you still have the ape hangers for the attitude (and altitude) and exchange your knobbly tires for road tires - Electra for example makes some nice ones.
  4. T

has anyone coverted a 26" cruiser to a 29er?

I was trying to fit a 700c with a trekking tyre into my Columbia from 1957 - didn't work! but I guess it should work with different forks and modified drop-outs
  5. T

need ideas for my bike

It depends on yourself really - look around you, what do you have to work with? Got spare parts and tools? How much money can you afford to spend on the bike? Maybe you can get a cheap donor bike from CL (assuming you live in the USA). Then where does the frame come from, is it something from a...
  6. T

New Ford Bicycle

I'd rather keep repairing my old bike!!!
  7. T

"Aging" a seat

You probably will have figured it out by now (or ridden it enough to look fairly aged anyway) but howsbout a sunbed? I bet some time under there would do the trick. Certainly helps to age skin :D !
  8. T

Custom Cannibal Saddle

If you like fabricating stuff yourself it might be worth to flick through some chopper magazines for building instructions for a seat like that. I'm pretty sure I saw a "how to" article in The Horse Backstreet Choppers that told you how to fabricate seats. I don't have my magazines here with me...
  9. T

Be True To The School...

GoldStreet - big props to you! I think that's a fantastic idea, especially if you involve some basic mechanical skills. Many kids don't even know how stuff works or what you can do with a set of tools and to teach it via an activity that they enjoy (like cycling) might bring it closer to them...
  10. T

>>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>>

Man, you're the king of diamond frames! Your bike looks fabulous, absolutely clean and cool - a true hot rod!
  11. T

Midnite Diamond

Thanks guys :D ! Yeah, it just put the biggest ear to ear grin on your face! And just to point out the main (but very subtle) mod on this build: this one had to make place for this: oh, and I shaved all unnecessary brackets and mounting holes
  12. T

Midnite Diamond

So, here we are! I had an incredible time building this and it's such blast to ride! Sadly it is not as finished as I'd like it to be, there were a few things such as chainguard or some subtle pinstriping that I wanted to do but they have to wait for now. Important is that it is at a stage that...
  13. T

Re: Black Diamond = MIDNITE DIAMOND

The bike is kinda finished now, that means that I enjoy riding it so much that all the little things that are not really necessary have to wait. I changed the name after I installed the metalflake blue grips, now it reminds me of a night sky with stars :D . All black and blue and a little...
  14. T

Re: Black Diamond Thank you, and yeah, black goes well with most things. Just a little bit of progress :)
  15. T

Whats your favorite bicycle noise?

The sound of the wheels humming and whizzing down the road after a successful build!
  16. T

-ROLAND- FINISHED ((sneak peak))

Re: -ROLAND- Opinions Please 7/19 I'd take that one further and say paint the guard AND paint the valve covers in the same color. But paint the covers only between the ribs. Great build BTW, it's looking really cool!
  17. T

Re: Black Diamond Yeah, those bars look so natural on the bike! You got any pics of your bike somewhere? I looked but couldn't find any.
  18. T

Re: Black Diamond Thank you Coaster! I need a longer stem now. Test sat on it and the handlebars are too close but here's an update nevertheless :D : Already working on it again, too. Soon there will be another update, hopefully with a bike that is not finished but ready to ride!
  19. T

Curved Odyssey

Seriously? That is a production frame? :shock: :shock: :shock: Wowzer, that looks crazy (in a good way)
  20. T

I.N.B... DONE!

Re: INBetweener ... not fishing!! Looks a bit like the bicycle version of a Gasser, very cool!!
Back