Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

New Jersey Show 5-20

My daughter took 1st place with her Tiger Cat. She was happy. Good seeing you guys. John
  2. L

New Jersey Show 5-20

Anyone going to The Bicycle Rack Show tomorrow ? I'm planning on going with my Spaceliner and my daughter's Tiger Cat.
  3. L

Schwinn Balloon

I thought it was a good looking bike and better quality than a box store Schwinn.
  4. L

Schwinn Balloon

Re: Modern Schwinn Cruiser Try these links. I'm not setup to import photos here. This was apparently a Select Series dealer bike not a box store Schwinn. The rack is a Jaguar rack that mounts to seat stay braze on's. This is it exactly. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images ...
  5. L

Schwinn Balloon

Saw this today and grabbed it locally. http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/bik/2982669792.html
  6. L

24 " Ross Apollo

Being a Ross Apollo fan as I had a 1976 new as a kid, I really like this, as well as the fact that it looks to be factory built. I thought of a similar build in the past so that I could ride it more comfortably. I have 4 of them currently. One could be a candidate for this.
  7. L

Bike Feels Sluggish...

-Maybe another gear change. You cannot gear it the same as a 26" tire, it must be lower to have the same cadence. Look up gear inches. -Those wheels and tires are probably heavy and the tire tread is flat and thick. Cheap in the bicycle world translates to heavy. -Also, as mentioned, the ape...
  8. L

Anyone catch the Ross Apollo OCC Butchered?

The problem I have with OCC and their creations is that there is really no engineering involved. They use off the shelf engines and transmissions and many times off the shelf frames. Most times they slap it together for aesthetics without regard to how it fits the person and they rarely discuss...
  9. L

Anyone catch the Ross Apollo OCC Butchered?

Agreed. I don't watch the show anyhow. I currently have 4 Ross Apollo's. I had one as a kid in 1976. They are a much more interesting bike than a Stingray and all the look alikes.
  10. L

How much should a bike shop cost?

If someone or some business sells something that they are not an authorized dealer for then the end user will not have a warranty. You would have to buy bulk old stock and resell it at a deep discount just to make a profit as not many people will pay a regular price for bikes or parts without a...
  11. L

ME RIDING MY NEW CREATION."SEA ELECTRIC BIKE"

I like it. Just watched the mounting and dismounting video ! From a fellow electrician.
  12. L

How much should a bike shop cost?

What no one here is discussing is the manufacturers and manufacturers reps. that sell to that particular shop. One cannot just open a business and have accounts to buy product with. Also, most mfgrs will only sell to so many shops in an area to show loyalty. You may sell Trek while the guy...
  13. L

son dragged this home...

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I'll agree, the arch is slightly different.
  14. L

son dragged this home...

Could it be a Ross Polo Bike ? The chain ring looks like it came off a Ross Apollo. The bi-plane forks and frame look similar to Ross as well.
  15. L

why is everything a schwinn?

As far as strong frames, I will disagree. The only bike frame I cracked as a kid was a 1967 Schwinn fastback with a BMX Tange fork. It cracked completely through on the down tube about an inch from the head tube. I rode a 1960's Sears (Murray) and a mid 70's Ross both with stock forks and used...
  16. L

Ross Apollo - all original

Nice, I had an orange single speed racer in 1976. Currently have one single speed, 2 - 3 speeds and one 5 speed. Turn the seat bar around ! John
  17. L

Mountain bikin

I got back into riding again, I just got a 29 this summer. After my LBS told me to demo one, I had to have one. I'm riding a cromoly fully rigid Redline 9 speed, Sram X7 and Avid BB5 equipped. Bike weighs 27lbs and is smooth and fast. I really like it. My 1990 Trek Single Track is a little...
  18. L

HOT ROD HOEDOWN/ BIKE SHOW! Sept 10th/11th

Bigcam, so the bicycle club is only meting on Saturday. I can't do Sat but could perhaps do Sunday.
  19. L

spaceliner ?

The Spyder, it is a 24" wheel frame.
  20. L

Cantilevered vs diamond frame design

Back in my BMX days in the late 70's - early 80's I first built up a Sears (Murray) cantilever - no problems and lots of stunts and jumps. I then built up a Ross cantilever and rode that like mad jumping fourteen 55 gallon drums. I even had the original Ross forks, it was built really well -...
Back