Dropped the blazer, now little thingz and such

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I bought a `02 4Dr blazer a little while back. I love my S10's, its my 6th one, but first blazer. I'm not a big 4Dr fan but it is a family vehicle so it is perfect for its intended use, hauling the family along with much other junk. Sorta had it in my head I wanted to drop it. Took it to Firestone to be checked out on a lift for issues. It had a rattle that was pretty nasty. Sorta thought it may be a ball joint. Sure enough needs all four ball joints and shocks. So of course I take that as a perfect opportunity to drop it and make it more capable. Nothing crazy, I want a smooth ride so all stock springs will stay. I ordered some Djm 3" drop tubular control arms, 2" rear drop blocks, upper ball joints, front shocks, rear air shocks for load leveling if need be. I already have a small compressor setup for on board air that will go on as well. Forgot to mention I also picked up some 16" Wheel Vintiques Chevy Rally wheels that will go on once I replace the tires on them. The tires are shot and 50 series so they are small as well. I'll make sure to take before during and after pics. What I'm starting with.

I have dropped, slammed, bagged and hydro'ed at least 20 S-10, sounds like you know what your doing!
Monoleafs for the rear, ditch the drop blocks.

Yeah I think pulling all but the main leaf will put the rear lower than I want. I don't want to slam it, or depend on the air shocks all the time. I also want to be able to haul my pop up as well, hence the air shocks. A little lower for better looks.

looks like you go some god bones there to start with.
i had an s 10 i dragged for a while with a 383 stroker under the hood.
this ride is screaming v8 conversion with some nice 4 inch pipes and a custom paint job on top of what you got planned.
looks like you are on the right track good luck man
Sean

I had a '89 V8 S10. Not lowered but one fast truck. I would eventually like to do that but not at this point.

I had been craving another S10 to have fun with. Only rust on it is the drivers side passenger door. It will be fixed as well. Once it warms up some.

Parts shipped from Summit this morning so should be here by thurs.

I did measure the truck and it should sit level front to back when done. It has the typical blazer tail drag, one inch lower than the rear.

Sounds like a fun project, I love blazers although I haven't owned one that new. I have had 3, an '85 blazer 2 door, a 1993 Blazer 4 door, and a 1994 Bravada 4 door. All the boxy S-10 bodys. Loved every one of them.

I hear ya 4 of my 6 S10s were square body's. We will be buying a actual truck so I can move stuff instead of borrowing other peoples trucks, hopefully next year. Right now we are enjoying no car payment.

It's got to be a driver, and done on a budget so it won't be crazy. I've got my '63 Corvan, and if I ever get it together a all custom '63 bug for fun.

Woo woo. Ups says parts will b here tomarah! Getting the garage a little tidier and getting the shed I didn't get up last fall out of the way so I'm set to start tearing it apart some time before the weekend.

love those wheels.
you gotta share that corvan with us man!! those corvans are cool.i ha one i think it was 64 it was an awesome driver til i traded her for a vw squareback.

Love my Corvan. It needs some attention. I need to pull the drivetrain and replace the diff, do a bunch of engine seals, and a Steering boomerang. The truck is getting suspension because it's my primary vehicle and it needs to be done ASAP as the ball joints are real bad. And we intend on taking it to Fl for vaca. Have a few other projects to finish up then the van gets attention.

I've posted pics on here before but here they are again.

Love my Corvan. It needs some attention. I need to pull the drivetrain and replace the diff, do a bunch of engine seals, and a Steering boomerang. The truck is getting suspension because it's my primary vehicle and it needs to be done ASAP as the ball joints are real bad. And we intend on taking it to Fl for vaca. Have a few other projects to finish up then the van gets attention.

I've posted pics on here before but here they are again.

man is that thing cool!!!! everything about is perfect
thanks for sharing. she screams bike hauler and perfect look.

Nice Corvan, I had a '62 myself but not nearly in as good of condition
P4170001.jpg

I came home to presents left by Santa in a brown sleigh. Upper baljoints are forged and have more travel for lowered suspension. Prob overkill for a 3" drop but it doesn't hurt.

Sucks I want to dig into it and get it torn apart but I need it today and Friday night. Gonna have to thrash to get it done over the weekend, so I can get a alignment Monday.

Back