my copy cat bike (mountain frame board tracker)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow thats lookin like a great bike! im gonna watch this one! 8)

Re: my copy cat bike (mtn bike frame board tracker) NEW PIX

Almost done.... Painted the louvered tank panels night before last. Mounted them last night (wow it was cold in the garage!). I still need 9/16" white block pedals or some vintage looking quills (aluminum would look good). Anybody???

I'm not too happy about the logo looking like it's running downhill. As you can see it was straight when I painted it, but I forgot that the bike has a slight slope to the top tube and a general "jacked up in the front" look. I may still redrill or file out the dropouts in the fork to bring it down a bit (someone suggested that).

The Thompson's logo came from a cigar box top from my Grandpa's garage. It was his favorite cigar. I have letters he wrote Grandma from "somewhere in Germany" (WWII) requesting her to send him some more. You can see the box top on the table. Thompson is my last name, btw.

pics...

3214711083_0f17fc1564_o.jpg

3214711441_a2302fa2a5_o.jpg

3215560154_530d6b214f_o.jpg

3214711575_f52279466a_o.jpg

3215560524_e3ea746b30_o.jpg

3215560252_5f28f7330c_o.jpg

thanks again guys - coming from you all, those are real compliments - you're a talented bunch. There is no shortage of inspiration and ideas on this forum.

wow!! im lovin those panels!!! very nicely done! kinda Von Dutch style goin' on there. and btw, i dont think theres a problem with the lettering looking like its goin south, looks great! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow! I was gonna typa a bunch of profrane adjectives before the word BEAUTIFUL, but I might get reprimanded, LOL! That thing is wayyyyyyyyy Coooooo....L! Man o Man! When we get together for a ride this Spring we are all gonna have a bunch of virgin rides to show off!

W2G!

Joe

Latest posts

Back