my copy cat bike (mountain frame board tracker)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, I'm a little frustrated with the bike now. Skip (thatismytruck) pointed out that the fork looked bent. Sure enough it is. Tried straightening it last night in my vise and I broke the vise. I actually began to strip the acme threads lol. Anyway, I did manage to make new trusses out of 3/8 brake line. They came out nice. And I switched the stem and bars. I found a vendor to make me the louvered tank plates. Today I'm sending out the template to him for fabrication.

ok, so... does anyone think these bars and stem look better?

3004712251_dcc4f831d2_o.jpg

3004712349_d52a14a6cc_o.jpg

close ups of new trusses:

3005548716_dc004cc538_o.jpg

close up of oil tank mounting:

3005548828_ae6c356768_o.jpg

I'm thinking I need to put forks on that are raked out farther. I'm noticing too that the top tube is sloping down, and it's supposed to be horizontal (it was originally). I wonder if that fork is for a 28" wheel? There's a lot of air gap at the top, even with ballooner tires.

your thoughts please...

oh ya, one last thing; neighborhood cat came visiting again last night. I gave him some organic treats my cat won't eat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMb4ft--hEU

New bars and stem are great.Looks like it could bust through walls now :mrgreen: .I like the front rake if it doesn't screw anything up,looks aggressive.Nice work on the trusses too.

^^ eventually I may hand paint something on it. likewise the blank areas on the tank plates. I'm putting 3" wide louvers in the middle portion of the plates, with room at the front and the back for something to be painted. not sure what yet.

That's a good looking bike! I like the curve of that extra tube, and the oiltank/storage box is brilliant! I like it when things you put on a bike or incorporate in the design have a function, and when they also looks good like this does, it's spot on!

Super cool.Have you found someone to louver it?Is it pricey?I wanted to louver a fender for my stretch cruiser,but I couldn't find anyone around here.I ended up finding a NOS luxury liner fender,but the louvers aren't open.

^^I mailed the cardboard template yesterday to Fergie's Louvers in British Columbia. He says it will be about $75 shipped for two plates, possibly less. I think that's reasonable, do you?

Fergie's Kustom Louvers: http://hotrodlouvers.com/

I'd say so.It's gonna be awesome.I pay out the pooper for stuff around here,but if your gonna like it and use it it's worth it. :D

here it is with Fat Franks. wow these are nice tires. Just waiting on my louvered tank panels and she'll be done done.

3022262720_49a3e74667_o.jpg

thank you sir - and you're absolutely right Clark - but my back might have something to say about it :-(

Franks look great.I can't wait to see the tank.I love louvers.Man, you and Skip have been busy. :mrgreen:

I love that thing. Let me tell you all how amazing it feels just to sit on it, pick it up or just move it around. Solid, light Like a new bike. But looks old. It is awesome.

Im diggin it!

If ya think the forks look too long you can file the axle slots deeper to tuck the tire up closer.I've had to do it with a coupla my bikes.

^^^ OH, I hadn't thought of that. That's a great idea. I'm going to do that. It'll drop the top tube down closer to being horizontal. Thanks.

Re: my copy cat bike (mountain frame board tracker) LOUVERS

the louvered tank panels are finished and on their way from Canada. Based on this picture sent to me, I'm real happy with them. He made me two sets for no extra charge because he thought the longer row of smaller louvers (2" instead of the 3" I ordered) looked better. I will decide when I hold them up to the bike. don't they look cool??? can't wait to get 'em

3057146950_0517a1295d_b.jpg

Re: my copy cat bike (mountain frame board tracker) LOUVERS

Whichever set you don't use let me know.

I have another color flow frame coming from Dumpster Diver :) :D 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
the louvered tank panels are finished and on their way from Canada. Based on this picture sent to me, I'm real happy with them. He made me two sets for no extra charge because he thought the longer row of smaller louvers (2" instead of the 3" I ordered) looked better. I will decide when I hold them up to the bike. don't they look cool??? can't wait to get 'em

3057146950_0517a1295d_b.jpg

Back