Wright Brothers wanna be

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like what you did here. Since I just joined I must have missed it the first time around. If you ever get up to the Detroit area you should check out Greenfield village and the Henry Ford museum. The entire Wright cycle shop has been moved there and the museum has a great collection of old bikes.

We went there on a field trip when I was in elementary school back in the 80s.

Sure would like to go again as an adult....would mean so much more.

I went there in 1967 w/ the Boy Scout troop I was in . I used to live in Ohio when I was younger. The only thing I remember about the trip was the tunnel going into Canada and a gold tool set someone had given to Henry Ford that was at the museum. I would love to see it again. 8)

Oh, Hooch that is one good looking bike, this is the first i've seen it, really captures the spirit of the original. The white tires look the best.

I have switched this bike around a few times and now I did it again!
I had thrown this sturmey 3speed coaster wheelset on prewar camel back frame for a buddy but it was even too small for him so here is the wheelset on my wright bros bike!
this is real sweet like this!
PA120001.jpg

PA120002.jpg

PA120003.jpg

That's sweet, Hooch! I hadn't seen this 'un before, but it gives me good idears of what to do with my 64 Racer tall frame!! :D ~Adam

Rat Rod said:
We went there on a field trip when I was in elementary school back in the 80s.

Sure would like to go again as an adult....would mean so much more.
Me too Steve!!! :mrgreen:

Love the red skins on there! ...Haven't done anything to my 64, but I decided to build it up w/S-7 rims and ww's like the one Rat rod built! -I'll have to find one O' those super-extra tall frames for my "WBwb"! :mrgreen: -Adam

Back