Wright Brothers wanna be

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the other day I was searching the net for old bike pics thinking of my next "Big" project little did I know it was right under my fingers Now this might make a few purists gringe :)
this is my inspiration a 1897 Wright Brothers bicycle
1897WrightBicycle.jpg

my version starts with a 72 Schwinn Varsity in the monster 26" frame
bw.jpg

P6070002.jpg

P6070003.jpg

P6070004.jpg

Dang, you scooped me on this one. I want to make a balloon/beach cruiser out of a schwinn diamond frame like an old racer. Good job.

This one needs a pig bar or an arch bar like on those old iversons.

yea I have to look thru the shed tommorrow I might have one with a similar look to the wright bros.... it would have been wood tho
and this thing is really wanting semi gloss black and brass badge and cork grips too!
I wish the frame paint was in worse shape ...... my concience says no paint my heart says yes! lol and what I have in this one wont pay the shipping on one of these monsters. I do have to spread it just a hair too in the rear

Another one of your great creation!

those red tires just fit on any project!

do you buy them by the dozen!

found different set of bars a Wrights Saddle and a nice weathered set of white chubbys... they dont stand out as much as the others I had on it
tomorrow I will get a chain on it spread the frame clean up the crankset and take her for a cruise. I love the height and might go with a smaller front sprocket to mimic the wright brothers bike more and look for similar pedals
P6070001.jpg

P6070002-1.jpg

you could take the larger sprocket off of a double sprocket schwinn lightweight crank and have the "mag" look but might have to use a different chain

idea

thats a cool idea. now if you painted it black and did the sprocket and wheel in a skiplink.Memorylane-classics sales the grips for that bike. They might even sale everything else.

hooch,

what i want to see, is a set of those red tires, as whitewalls!

the red tire is is your signature... :mrgreen:

how tall is that frame?

oct.

Hooch said:
yea I have to look thru the shed tommorrow I might have one with a similar look to the wright bros.... it would have been wood tho
and this thing is really wanting semi gloss black and brass badge and cork grips too!
I wish the frame paint was in worse shape ...... my concience says no paint my heart says yes! lol and what I have in this one wont pay the shipping on one of these monsters. I do have to spread it just a hair too in the rear

Nice, Nice bike!! Very clean and simple.

My local bike shop has cork grips if you can't find any I could pick them up for you.

Dan

Back