Wire baskets.. can they be truly masculine?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outsider13 said:
When I lost my job a few years ago, I went back to school. No patience for hunting a parking spot, so I rode this everyday to college. I was the coolest kid at the bike rack. It carried all my welding gear and books.
DAILYRIDER01.jpg

That saddle rocks, what is it?

stocksucks said:
Man, there is nothing wrong with any baskets. Of course if you paint it pink and add a Hello Kitty sticker you could be missinterpreted :)
Personally I like to see them in the back, attached to a rack. Mine is just a wooden wine box.
Keep rollin'
let's see it :D I won a beer raffle a couple months ago and the beer came in a wooden wine box. I've been thinking about using it on one of my bikes.

stocksucks said:
:lol: ok :lol:
It's just a wine box on a bike really. Nothing fancy but it brings the bread home.
I'll post it up for you latter, ok?
Keep rollin'

good deal

Hm... wonder if anyone's done anything like saddlebags with old Army ammo cases. The big machine gun ones.

teh603 said:
Hm... wonder if anyone's done anything like saddlebags with old Army ammo cases. The big machine gun ones.
There's only about 15 of those on here. :wink:

CCR said:
found a pic of the mini apes, search for goodmorning technology or bike porter to find them ... dont know but i think they are $pendy :cry:

bike1-500x391.jpg

I kinda sorta like this.......a little more work on these I think they would go good, on a folding bike, gotta have enough room for beverages . Thanks for the post.

outsider13 said:

I tried this with my dog but he freaked out ......
It made him so sick he was puking up chains
ChainOfFools.jpg

......so I converted to a frame mount.
Pugsfirstbike-01.jpg

Now it's this....
PugsNewBox-02.jpg

Graylock

I big time dig bikes with baskets my fav was an old one think was an old Schwinn from the 60's or 70's I had as a kid miss that bike to but had the good old paperboy ones on it. Planning to add a set to my 12 speeder to and once I change out the bars gonna put the biggest one I can get for the front. Gonna be my grocery getter and my camping bike but to me most bikes of the cruiser sort are way cooler with baskets than bags well panniers anyway.

The old heavy duty rear baskets are great for a mechanics errand bike or grocery (Heineken, Guinness, pumpernickel, et al :wink: ) bike, but camping? full toolbag, tent, ground cover, liquid refreshments, a few clothes, eating utensils, and the panniers and top bag weigh almost as much as the empty basket. :mrgreen: Plus you can't bruise your ankle :shock: :x :cry: on a spring mounted bag. :wink:

the "camping" bikes around here are kind of light duty, they usually just use them for runs to the bait shop fir ice/beverages or to go to the shower house. And they usually only get ridden in the campground, towed in on the back of a camper or the bed of a pickup. I sold close to 20 bikes in 1 day making a run through the local lake campgrounds :) used cruisers are a big hit with the campers, especially a girls bike with a wire basket !!!

Sorry but I don't care what you put in a wire basket, or what you paint it, or whatever, they don't look masculine. Modified crates or cooler mount or something is cool. The bikes that had the crates looked pretty awesome.

That was a bit homophobic of a statement. A bike is only as cool as it's owner. My bikes happen to be the coolest. Wire basket and all. Got to have someplace to keep that pile of ladies phone numbers I get cruising on my flat black cruiser! :wink:

Latest posts

Back