Winter hobbies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK,here is one that you did not expect.OGB trains Oxen! I know it is crazy,but I wanted to see if I could do it.They will do anything I say.I do not use any kind of lines,Only voice commands.They listen better than my kids.They were young in the pic,but are a lot bigger now.Their names are Tom & Jerry & they are 7 years old now.They have done parades,school visits,Civil War battles,plowing demos,& a few other apperences.The best time I ever had with them is when a 97 year old man got up from his wheelchair to walk out on the plow field to shake my punkA$$ hand.He wanted to meet ME,ME.He would not be wheeled out there,he wanted to stand.His grandsons said they told him no at first,but he was not having that.He said he thought he would never see another working team before he died.I had him stand beside me & yell "Get Up!" to start them off plowing again.My boys hit the yoke as hard as when I yell it.Ever seen a 97 year old man tear up? I did & was right there with him.
minher.jpg

The guys are awesome! Ever done any pulling comps with them? I would love to see and hear more about this twosome! They sure were cute back then! Which one is which?
I grew up going to horse/oxen pulls. I love the pure strength and the determination the animals have.
The coolest thing I've ever witnessed was, back in the early 70s, a guy had a team of bison (buffalo) he not only pulled with them but he had saddles made and he and his son rode them in parades and festivals.

Please post up some more pics and info on Tom & Jerry.
thanks,
Chainsaw

Latest posts

Back