WHY I LIKE TEXAS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Picture1-5.png

And we have great Mexican food too. :mrgreen:

Re: WHY YOU SHOULD MOVE TO TEXAS

But no snow skiing :( . I will be at the hill(17 miles away) both days this weekend. On Sunday's, I volunteer with Recreation Unlimited to instruct handicapped and disable individuals. I don't mind the 4 seasons as it affords lots a chances at different ways to enjoy the outside. Boise also is not as extreme in the Winter as those in the MidWest. But our summers mimick Texas alot. 100+ degrees.

The only down fall about winter so far- Uncle Stretch is painting a new bike every week. And I thought my eyeballs might freeze this morning when riding to work.

What about the Hurricanes ?? It may be nice now but a few months ago the roof blew off of Unca Stretches garage and his sheet rock melted :lol: I don't whats worse frozen eyeballs or melting sheetrock :roll:
I think the way to stay happy is to count your blessings.

What about droughts, 100 degree plus temps in summer, weird HATS and boots?

Snow blowers are just too fun. I almost forgot i have a gravel driveway, will had a gravel driveway when it got down to the rocks it threw them all out in the yard. DOH :mrgreen:
Sometimes i just feel sorry for you guys that dont get to go out in 15 inch snow and slide around in the truck.

I'll be in Austin for a week in March. I'm playing SXSW!!! And its my first vacation in 17 years!

I'm in Dallas...we have no hurricanes.

There's also no chance of the earth opening up and swallowing you...well for most of us anyway. :wink:

I've lived in Michigan and Illinois....I'll take a couple of months of high temps for mild winters. :D

I also changed the title of the thread for you snow birds.

You do have great weather and Mexican food. I remember the food from that "purple house Mexican restraunt" in Waxahacie. Best authentic food ever. But the name of the place skips me at the moment. One of the first places I go to when in that area. :) Could eat there 5 out 7 days a week for sure. As far as the hot summers I liked those as well. I different type of hot than Florida or Georgia for sure. More humid in those areas. But Florida has some sweet beaches.

Got me thinking about that food now.

76 / 46 Sun
75 / 46 Mon
76 / 49 Tue
77 / 47 Wed
80 / 49 Thu
76 / 49

While this is the perfect time of year here in the AZ desert, the older I get the more the snowbird thing sounds inviting. I would love summers in northern AZ or northern Wisconsin,but Nov through April is perfect. I look out my window and see palm trees and orange and lemon trees in the neighbors yard. (hmmm, wonder if they are home?) And as far as Texas goes,well eastern TX isnt that bad. :wink:

I've got my friend in San Diego telling me he's turning his AC on and my cousin telling me how beautiful it's going to be in Texas. Both are trying to make me hate the cold. It's not working. But I am going to have to fly to texas and San Diego and kick some butt. Have some cold beer waiting for me, Steve.

Yes, AZ is nice as well. Spent some good time there as well in the Casa Grande area. I haven't had the pleasure to spend a winter in New Mexico yet but thinking about it for next winter. I am really bored and need to get out and ride... These indoor trainers just don't do it on bitter days. Any place warmer where I could ride more would be nice right now. You can head north to ski and I head south where I can ride.

All that is funny . Home is where your heart is. Texas is nice But other places are as nice or better. The US is a cool place to live no matter where it is. Has mountains, deserts and beaches and any other thing you can come up with. After looking at all the places around the world on the home post I'm impressed with them too. As far as finding really good mexican food ....do like i did and marry one . Takes all the guesswork out of Hey hun whats for dinner. :lol:

Yeah....as far as scenery is concerned...the North Texas region isn't exactly a wonderland. :roll:

I've traveled all over Europe and I've got to say that Switzerland is probably one of the most scenic places I've ever been to.

We also went to Durango one year and rode the steam train to Silverton and that was incredible. After about a week of staying there I found myself not even noticing the mountains or the nature all that much anymore. Funny how you can get used to stuff so quickly.

Have a friend who grew up in Maui and now lives in Dallas. He loves it here and said he was tired of beaches. :shock:

Back