WHIZZER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I just found this post. I have seen a couple of 20" bikes fitted with the chineese kits but its going to be real tight and may require a few mods. If you are wanting to put a real Whizzer into a 20" frame, its probably not going to happen without some serious frame mods. The Whizzer takes up most of the available space in a 26" cantileiver frame, they are alot bigger than they look...Kelly
26" Schwinn frame with Whizzer engine that was at Ann Arbor last year.
img0721fm2.jpg

l_5e53644b55ce7d958c9f419a6a407527.jpg

update on the project............ got a motor kit (thanks to a more than friendly rat rodder) AND IT FITS....... IT FITS IT FITS IT FITS!!!!! its just a quick mock up in the pic, but to get it mounted it needs to tilt forward a LITTLE more.... thatll give the plug a little more clearance, and more room for the carb. i cant wait to really get this thing goin but i have a ton of stuff commin up... its gonna be a while but i HAD to throw it in there and check it out... just moved too so gettin everyting in one place and packin and unpackin bla bla bla.... i NEEDED a break!!!

I think that I have the same kind of engine on my BMW bike! :D Sorry I haven't got any pics of it yet :p

Looks good. You might be able to roll the engine forward enough to fit the carb, I would recomend making a new intake manifold that would .... it out to the side a bit. Keep in mind that your carb needs to stay relatively level. Changing your sparkplug is not going to be fun either. I really want to see this bike running, its going to be one bad little machine...Kelly

I finally found the one that was already done up, this is the picture that got me started with the whole idea.

0101010102120103102008011832ab454ce.jpg

once I get some more cashola, it's on...

nogoodnic42 said:
Looks good. You might be able to roll the engine forward enough to fit the carb, I would recomend making a new intake manifold that would .... it out to the side a bit. Keep in mind that your carb needs to stay relatively level. Changing your sparkplug is not going to be fun either. I really want to see this bike running, its going to be one bad little machine...Kelly

yeah, the way the motor is posistioned in the pic isnt the way it fits, it DOES roll forward quite a bit more, to get the rear mount straight and leaving more room for the carb and the plug. unless i change the cover for the air cleaner i will have to make a new manifold tho, because it still doesnt quite fit!!! im going to have to grind down the rear mount too to make it a bit shorter. its gonna be fun. i think im going to make it look like a drag bike...... real low handle bars...... its gonna be fun to ride, the frame is TINY...... a good 6 in in over all length shorter than my bmx bike, and 3 inches shorter in the top tube. lol........ i need to find a kid to ride this thing!!!

Latest posts

Back