"Whiskey Lightning" Tracker - My first stab

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tea for the cops and their open container law.

My town does a gigantic downtown block party, once a month, where this thing would fit right in. I built this with that kinda bouncing in the back of my head.

I tried to send you a PM, on another subject, but it wouldn't let me.

I built some custom pedals ,with some copper pipe and 4 copper end caps. Might look good on your build.
pedals001.jpg

How cool is that? Probably 1/2", huh?

Still, it's good inspiration. I like those very much, Stretch.

Lonewolf said:
Probably 1/2", huh?

These were 1/2'' but I'm sure you can find some 9/16'' pedals that have the screws and rubber blocks. Seems like I had a old set on a Raliegh that were.

Stretch. I like those very much. I understand you can't ride one of these things like a BMX bike (I'm a BMX refugee), so those smooth pedals would probably fit the bill. My idea for pedals is a little more straightforward. Those pedals you did are certainly beyond the pale.

You have me thinking of other ways to incorporate copper tubing into this thing.

Thanks everyone for all the comments. There was like ZERO fab involved in this bike. Just a bunch of knuckle busting, dirty hands and inhaling things I probably shouldn't. So, the fact that a bunch of you crazies thought to comment is really touching and tremendous source of encouragement.

Thanks so much.

Glad you found it boardtrackfan.

I'm digging the quil and touring pedals- for this build. My feet are big, so quil may be out.
quil: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/imag ... -road.jpeg
touring: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/imag ... ouring.jpg

Maybe I can buy them, dunk them in some gasoline, let them dry to a tacky film (as gasoline does) and then light them on fire a couple of times and install. Lol.

After that, I think I'll just bury the bike next to the house for about 6 years and then dig it up. Done! :D

The bike turned out really nice. I think everybody likes a white bike. Those quil pedals are really nice too....never seen any before. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Super build.

Stretch, your pedals are totally cool. If I don't do something like them, it's easy to think I will do some sort of copper tubing "twist" to this bike.

Quil pedals date all the way back to the mid, late 1800s. Surprisingly, up until a few years ago, pedal design and styling had changed very little throughout the history of the bicycle.

A while back, I found a web page that chronicled almost the entire history/evolution of the pedal. Quil pedals were found on some of the earliest bicycles and you can still find 100 year old quils popping up on eBay from time to time. People used to wear different shoes back then which were always leather and always narrow. The quils from back then looked like they had knife blades sticking up.

I have no idea how old my bike was when I started. I estimate late 60's to late 70's, but I guess it looks a lot older now. It is because of this that I wanted something a little older looking than the norm.

I'm really glad you like it so far and I hope you don't think I'm blabbing too much.

this thing is bad too the bone'white color on it :!: i'd agree with you on the krylon thing looks nice then you touch it and it comes rite off :x keep doin wat yer doin looks grrreate !

Extreemly clean tracker. Very impressive bike. I just ordered white tires and it's all your fault! If this was your first stab, man are we in for some great eye candy.

Thanks guys. Those are some very nice comments.

I will be tightening the headset, making up the length of the chain so it will be all new and all nickel, loosening the bottom bracket, reinstalling the crank arm which is one tick off (might as well polish up the chain ring at the same time) and then working on the small number plates which will be well small enough NOT to compete with the diameter of the chain ring.

I did it all up on photo shop and surprisingly, it's hard to get the bike to look very good with the plates as the bike almost looks better without them.

I had already madethem but threw them away. - Didn't like them and they never even made it onto the bike for a trial fit.
Like I said, work in progress.

As a first time poster here and long time bike enthusiast let me say that I'm liking this bike!
As soon as I finish my current project I will be looking for a board tracker to build up.
Well done Lonewolf!

R.

Back