"Whiskey Lightning" Tracker - My first stab

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old Rollfast work in progress. Pictures will be updated. There are so many builds that are so good as to almost keep me from posting my humble effort.

I hope you guys like what you see.
rollfastrattracker.jpg

rollfasttirecloseup.jpg

rollfastratfront3_4.jpg

Rollfastratside.jpg

It must be a White thing. But I like what I'm seeing and the struts really add a lot. A very clean build. Love the chain ring too.

rgallen said:
It must be a White thing. But I like what I'm seeing and the struts really add a lot. A very clean build. Love the chain ring too.
Thanks for commenting. It means a whole lot. I had to be convinced to paint it white as it started out flat black.

It already has "Decals" added to it in a very subtle way. Bike is by no means complete, but I will be posting updated pics. Again, thanks so much for your comments.

looks great so far man, keep it up. I'm workin on an old hawthorne right now with the twin top tubes like that.

Oh yeah - definitely cool! Very "cleeeeannnn"!
Nothing to be ashamed of there!

neicull said:
That thing is clean! can't wait to see it get "worn" a little bit. If your un-happy with the lines of the bike vs. the seat I have a seatpost that does wonder making the cruiser frame look like a racer. http://www.ghentcruisers.com/our-parts/drop-seat-post

Thanks very much Man! Believe it or not, I am perfectly fine with the seat and it's relationship with everything else.

I'm a BMXer and I'm sure that's where it comes from. Believe me, I love the True "board track" motorcycle look. For a bike with un-modded frame, I couldn't be happier.

Glad to hear some positives.

Whew.

I'll be posting more pics of this because it's only about 80% complete.

Next build? I'll think about that as soon as I'm done with this one.

What's missing is a side shot with a stainless flask, mounted as a chin scoop or oil cooler. That's because it's not mounted yet.

Let me know if I screwed it up with the "decals" and they're gone. - You guys tell me.

Also, any other suggestions are more than appreciated.

Thanks for that comment, jodowd.

theVULTURE said:
i dig the Profile cranks 8) and what color are the wheels? green/brown/tan? looks military
what was your choice in pedals?

Vulture, Thanks. The color on the wheels is basic Krylon Khaki gloss. So as far as Khaki being a military color, you were correct.

For the pedals, I was thinking of going with a rat trap type "KKT" style and copper plating the cages along with some of the hardware around the headset.

I have all kinds of pedals, but nothing that wouldn't contradict the look of this bike.

PS: Krylon sucks.

The khaki rims are killer. Nice touch.. can you smuggle booze in the down tube.. how slick would it be if you could stash a little booze in the tube and pour it out through a little spicket near your chain ring.

That would be really cool. Iron oxide anyone?

Also thinking about a leather pocket or holster which would hold the flask like a sort of chin scoop.

This opens up a lot of design possibilities.

Maybe put a plastic sleeve in the tube first. Small pvc pipe? Create your fitting through a hole in the tube into the pvc vs using the metal tube itself. It'd probably be good for a shot or two.

Copper conduit? Pvc is a good idea. Pack it down the seat tube before your post goes in.

Cut eyepiece channels in the sides of the seat tube on each side, take some clear acrylic shrink tube and fit it down.

Not stealthy, but at least you would know when you are low.

Or you could just fill it with tea and use a flask in your front coat pocket like everyone else!

I barely even drink.

Back