Whats your favorite bicycle noise?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How 'bout the "eek - eek, eek - eek of an Electra saddle as you pedal?

I still remember the sound of the campus doctor cutting away pieces of mangled flesh from my elbow (snip snip snip) and the "thunk" it made when said flesh hit the stainless steel pan after I jumped my mountain bike 30 feet on college campus and taco'd the front wheel upon landing. The elbow would've have been so bad had I not been trying to hold up the bike to keep it from further damage. I loved the bike more than my elbow (which only got 14 stiches, 4 in tendon, 10 outside).

There goes my lunch appitite for a week...^

...the other noise I like is the sound of talking smack with other cruisers as we're laughing it up and having FUN.

Ewwww. Still you jumped 30 feet? No way thats quite impressive. I would never try something like that. Got any pics of the bike?

Willg said:
Ewwww. Still you jumped 30 feet? No way thats quite impressive. I would never try something like that. Got any pics of the bike?

30 feet isn't *that* far, especially with a crap landing. I will look for a picture of the bike, but it was pre-digital camera, I take that bike, we had a Sony Mavica that you loaded floppy disks into and it took 800x600 photos. The bikes front wheel was seriously bent, but my brother-in-law got it straight again. I dented and scratched my Answer bar end, but I really did save the bike with my body. It was a 90s Trek 7000 mountain bike.

i had a schwinn cruiser with a sticky kickstand, took a swift kick and made a distinct screech followed by the sound of the fender vibrating. same screech followed by a kathunk putting it back down. i didnt mind but everybody gave me dirty looks when it happened .... greased it and it went away :roll:

I beleive some of yous guys like to buy rear tires on a regular basis...

Heh.

Ride On-Ride Hard-Be Safe.

I like the noises that I can figure out where they are coming from. I think I have a tick with every turn of the crank right now. I have it narrowed down to a bad pedal but still annoying.

CCR said:
i had a schwinn cruiser with a sticky kickstand, took a swift kick and made a distinct screech followed by the sound of the fender vibrating. same screech followed by a kathunk putting it back down. i didnt mind but everybody gave me dirty looks when it happened .... greased it and it went away :roll:

Sorry to not hear that :?

Graylock

i have a weird rear wheel "pop" (checked it out, and nothing) that has been like that for years. faster i go, more it pops. love when i hear it as a solid noise.

the slow and clock-like clicking of a sturmney archer 3 speed hub.

Latest posts

Back