Whats your favorite bicycle noise?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3rd gear on my Ghostrider (Nexus 3) and 5th gear on my Basman (Nexus 7) have the best ticking sound 8) other than that my bikes better be quite or the sound of tinkering will take over :mrgreen:

a three speed coasting and then pedaling... 8)

Hearing the high pitched SCREAM, from me, going down hill at 30mph.

my incredibly loud v-brakes on my city bike. the chatter is so loud it sounds like a dying goose and scares the poop out the people in front of me.. who needs a bell?? :lol:

The click noise my schwinn 3 speed stik shift makes when I shift. Or the sound of new tires skidding (screeeeeeech)

I rode my new to me Haro Flair for the first time yesterday and that freewheel might be addictive, it sounds like it ratchets twice as much as any other freewheel I've ever ridden, all hyper and junk.

On the other end of the spectrum, when I ride my fixed gear with it's skinny tires it's so silent I can hear everything around me, kind of spooky, then the "gasp" noise I make when I try to coast and the pedal throws me up out of the saddle. :oops:

I like the sound of the wind in my face.

And the sound as I "slick shift" the 5 speed Positron on ZOOT.

Biking is loaded with sounds from the familiar mechanical to the annoying rattle. We will miss them all when we pass away so I would say the noisier the better but just not the impending doom sounds :shock:

The biking sound from other bikes that I like is the gasp and a laugh from bikes that I pass with my tallbikes. It's not like I scare them or anything like that, I do warn them " ........ on your upper left........." :wink:

Graylock

rocks and sand under my feet while trying to come to a stop. and the screech of tired when i slam on brakes, my black target cruiser sounds like a car squealing, and will slide a good 20 feet on cement. love it

Since I don't have a freewheel (yet); I'd say my favorite sound is the one that goes away after I fixed it properly-or ,the wind picking up after I made it to the top of the hill. :p

The pinging sound of pebbles hitting the fenders of my new Typhoon as I power slide through a gravel parking lot outrunning the undercover drug squad. I wasn't doing dope or anything, just ticked them off somehow.

Latest posts

Back