What would be the best bike to copy this one with?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BINGO! I love showing friends your builds the most common response i get out of them is something along the lines of a jaw drop combined with that guy is crazy and really talented.

If you have a welder, why not sex-change a schwinn girls frame? Cut off the top bar and weld in a slightly curved single bar. Kinda like a fastback?

Here is a quick MS Paint thing. It just shows how bored I can get at times :lol:

Monkeybike.jpg

First thought was a Eglin twin bar. Second thought was expensive. Third was a 50's Clevland Welding (or simillar) straight bar with the middle bar cut out.

actually the chainguard is my least of worries that would be an easy fab. its more of finding a frame that i can afford and work with.

saw this at a Toys r Us for around $120 new. looks pretty close, even down to the enclosed chainguard
georgebike.jpg

sorry bout the crappy picture, but all I had was my cellphone

yea that is pretty close thanks for the heads up I actually just came across quite a few bikes over the last week. So hopefully I can flip a few of them and get some money to start that build. But as of right now we were looking at the burrito question post and she wants to build one with the MTBs i am getting tomorrow so now she wants to do that as well so we will see which one comes first.

Nirve makes the Paul Frank bikes and the bike that Bigcam found at toys r us looks like nirve. Watch your thirft stores and yard sales there has to be one cheap out there.

yea i found two bikes in the trash two at a garage sale and three at a flea market. I need to flip a few so I will try to post pictures in the fresh finds in the next day or two. Also there is a guy I am going to see tomorrow that has frames and completes and he wants to sell them so i will take pics and post them in the for sale section. Let's hope i can make some money on these because work is slowing down and possible lay-offs coming.

Back