What would be the best bike to copy this one with?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As it says, I want to copy this bike for my wife she is obsessed with Curious George to the point she has both the old and new one tattooed on her feet. I want to build a copy of his bike for her. What kinda frame should I use.
CurGeorgeBike.jpg
Thanks for the help.

a nirve cruiser frame would be close. then use some sort of inclosed chain guard there are lots of those out there. as for the life size monkey your on your own :mrgreen:

actually i have a picture some where of me with one :lol:

The nirve has a large top bar i am looking for more of a vintage

Lavrente said:
The nirve has a large top bar i am looking for more of a vintage

vintage eh ... in that case an Elgin twinbar or a schwinn single bar frame, should have no problem finding one of those :mrgreen:

ok so its my wife but this is one big monkey
jackandgeorge.jpg

Lavrente said:
ok so its my wife but this is one big monkey
jackandgeorge.jpg
I don't think you should call your wife a "Big Monkey". By the way, that woman standing next to the monkey sure is cute :p

got access to a welder,cut off wheel,hack saw and some steel?
if you do you can get a schwinn cantilever frame and cut the 2 smaller set of tubes off plug the holes in the rear(rear stays/seat tube/seat post tube) with the tips from the front of the small tubes....itd give you the same profile as the bike george has in the picture...the lamp looks like a 50's delta ray and the bars are easy to find......getting a chain guard thats going to be close to that is going to be the toughest part

Actually the new Schwinn cruiser looks pretty close if you add fenders and a light. Of course you would have to remove the cupholder :(

Maybe a humpback/camelback Speedster/Collegiate or I know there were some AMF/Hawthorne/off brands middleweight frames in the 70's that looked like that.

Is this for a full size adult bike, or a kids 20" or under?

sensor said:
getting a chain guard thats going to be close to that is going to be the toughest part

Naw, that'd be relatively easy to fabricate against engineering the front fender to turn underneath the foremost part welded to the head tube. :?

skoda said:
Maybe a humpback/camelback Speedster/Collegiate or I know there were some AMF/Hawthorne/off brands middleweight frames in the 70's that looked like that.

Is this for a full size adult bike, or a kids 20" or under?

I would need the smallest adult frame possible. She is 5'5'' But I want to use 24" tires. Is this possible?

bikesntrikes said:
Have Uncle Stretch build you a frame. :mrgreen:
I love this idea except I am on an extreme budget and by the time I could afford to purchase his labor and the parts I would be able to retire. I am 25 right now. His frames are amazing and the time and effort he puts towards them is priceless.

And also thanks for all the input as soon as I can find a frame I will start a build thread for this I did find more pictures for inspiration though

Ok now I got a big laugh out of that. I have one of those chainguards that I will give you . I'm sure you could come up with a single top tube something or other that will work. If not ...Probably could get you going for the shipping on something. Believe it or not I build out of sheer boredom . I figure If I build something maybe someone gets a few ideas or some enjoyment out of watching the builds.

Back