what does everyone do for work?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vanilla_gorilla said:
on a uhmm.. lighter note i just applied to a few jobs at the Intrepid Museum in NYC. for those of you not from around that area its an air museum built inside the USS Intrepid which is moored in the hudson river next to the west side highway in midtown NYC. its a really cool place

Now does that qualify as a job? Being forced to go to an air museum daily and collecting a paycheck? :mrgreen: Another quote from the old man " Love your job and you will never WORK a day in your life." Good luck!

Hey Baron we should probably have left our commiserating to PMs :oops:

On a brighter note I am enjoying two fingers of Rebel Reserve and a cigar right now. Reason? It's FRIDAY!, I don't have to do anything tomorrow, I sold 3 bikes, my wife told me not to sell my Felt, I can play in my garage all day tomorrow with out interruption! I am alive! the list goes on!

Hay Burner said:
Hey Baron we should probably have left our commiserating to PMs :oops:

On a brighter note I am enjoying two fingers of Rebel Reserve and a cigar right now. Reason? It's FRIDAY!, I don't have to do anything tomorrow, I sold 3 bikes, my wife told me not to sell my Felt, I can play in my garage all day tomorrow with out interruption! I am alive! the list goes on!

I'm not ashamed of my job.

Pretty much the same here. There is a bike jumble coming up next Saturday, so I was bike tinkering pretty much all day today.
Now I'm on a combined Bardolino-Honduras therapy.

It certainly is a challenge at times to say the least. I have been involved in some pretty major things like 800 plus dogs in a double wide. The nice thing about the work is meeting the people who do horrible things and then ruining their day at the very least. Its also a pretty good feeling to take an animal from a bad situation and watch the weight come off its shoulders and just relax.

Chris

dryheatpanzer said:
It certainly is a challenge at times to say the least. I have been involved in some pretty major things like 800 plus dogs in a double wide. The nice thing about the work is meeting the people who do horrible things and then ruining their day at the very least. Its also a pretty good feeling to take an animal from a bad situation and watch the weight come off its shoulders and just relax.

Chris

Just the last thing you said is probably what keeps you going.
As for the people, please don't only ruin their day. There is nothing wrong with ruining their face, too.

Just got hired as a Conductor for the railroad... first actual day of work is Monday. Will have some bad hours for a few years, but it will come close to doubling my previous income and it's good benefits and awesome retirement. Hopefully I enjoy it!

Congrats on the new job that sounds like a good gig. Thanks to all you guys for the kind words regarding my job its much appreciated. :D

Chris

Baron von Zach said:
dryheatpanzer said:

Chris

Just the last thing you said is probably what keeps you going.
As for the people, please don't only ruin their day. There is nothing wrong with ruining their face, too.

That's where the real self- control comes in.

My hats off to ya I know I would not be able to control myself

crump582 said:
Just got hired as a Conductor for the railroad... first actual day of work is Monday. Will have some bad hours for a few years, but it will come close to doubling my previous income and it's good benefits and awesome retirement. Hopefully I enjoy it!

Congrats on the new job! More money for bike stuff!

I work for a large custom cabinet door and wood component manufacturer. Been there 24 years. We make all components to remodel or new construction kitchen. I drive a forklift and manage our warehouse. We deal primarily with small mom and pop cabinet shops thru out the USA and Canada. At one time our doors were going into tour buses of some of musics biggest stars. We did Reba Makintire's(?) bus.

I´m a graphic designer but currently doing some photographer gig at Playboy Argentina...
I would post some pics but that would get me out of the forum... :|

Hehe, bet your heart skipped a bit reading the last post :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am a graphic designer, but I work at the city council... sorry!

Back