TRADITIONAL SHAOLIN SPITFIRE (Wu Tang Forever)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, my initial measurement was pretty spot on, so I ended up trimming the extra 1/4" I gave myself for tolerance.

20240514_214231.jpg

It now sits flush with the shoulder that will hold the bearing cone.

20240514_214239.jpg

It is nice and snug, I don't have any fear of separation when fully assembled. But just in case, I can anchor with a quill post or stem (if I do underslung bars).

20240514_214346.jpg

20240514_214257.jpg

Why a steartube within a steartube?
Well...

I'm sure the hair will grow out and fill in nicely. :D
I'm digging the reverse mullet stance. Business in the back - Party in the front. :D

I am starting with the underslung setup, as that was my initial vision for this project.

I needed a stem that would sit nice and tight beneath the triple tree plate, so I am going with this no-neck (almost vertical) Rollfast stem.

20240518_135427.jpg

I like the underslung big apes. Especially how the lower section is parallel to the upper fork legs.
Just my opinion, but I feel the double bar setups distract too much from the flow of the forks and bars.

I immediately thought of you when I saw this pop up locally on FBM. SE WuTang Flyer

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1226882864949910/

Check out the grips

1716085068675.png

Alright, now to try and bend these fork legs...

I've got just shy of 6 1/2" from end to bend on the fork legs, so I need a jig of some sort to anchor the leg, yet bend at the exact point of the existing bend.

20240518_204535.jpg

I have this industrial 'Z' rack that has a round tube inside the box-section of the base. This gives me a reinforced 'cheater bar' so-to-speak.

20240518_204418.jpg

Let us pray to PeeWee that the depth of that tube, matches the 6.5ish inches I need.

Screenshot_20240518-225322_Google.jpg

Holy "Loners & Rebels" Batman! Who knew eyeballing could become exact precision?!?

20240518_204441.jpg

Make sure you also make some marks to show you the dead center of the front (and/or rear) of the fork legs. Then make sure the the bend pressure is applied in line with that so that you don't end up with either fork leg bowlegged or knockkneed. Hope that makes sense.

Make sure you also make some marks to show you the dead center of the front (and/or rear) of the fork legs. Then make sure the the bend pressure is applied in line with that so that you don't end up with either fork leg bowlegged or knockkneed. Hope that makes sense.

I am putting a bolt through the axle hole as a handle to pull on for leverage. Since the legs will be anchored at the exact same point, and I'll be pulling from the exact same point, I'm fairly confident it won't go wonky. My main concern is that I match the angle on both legs.

Excited Despicable Me GIF

Latest posts

Back