What do you do, when you do what you do?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DD might have the great job in the world. Paid Dumpter Diving. but the dumpters come to you.

I'm a graphic artist, my official title is Production Artist 2. I sit at cell...I mean "booth" 7B N-15 2.

"Memorize that number, it is now your name"

DAY 397

I removed the chip from my neck, I keep it in my shoe so they don't find out.

My training/background is in architecture, and I also am a journeyman welder.

My job is as a development control officer for the local municipality. Basically means that I enforce/administer the zoning bylaw. Pretty sweet employment..makes me happy anyway.

I work for that big airplane company in Seattle, you may have heard of it. I write airplane maintenance manuals and provide customer support for airlines regarding maintenance issues.

I have been involved in general construction for almost 30 years. If it involves building I probably have done it and have the hard hat sticker to prove it :lol: Currently I work as a Project Manager for a national roofing contractor. The travel and the schedule really suck sometimes...(only got 81 days at home last year) but the money is decent and we are stashing it for early retirement. On weekends and in my spare time (YEAH RIGHT!) I help my wife manage her bridal shop. I have two not so young'uns. DD is in her final year of college and DS is headed for a masters program in England. I worked in a bike shop while I was in high school and have been riding since I was 6. :wink: I like tinkering with mechanical things and bicycles are high on the list.

Aaron 8)

I've been doing all sorts of jobs, but the last ten years I earn a living as a theatre-technician. First in the theatre of my hometown, last five years for a company that let's me travel the country. Do a lot of video stuff, but I'm mainly a sound-engineer. It's okay, I have a lot of spare time :lol:

Hooch said:
I was a printer 17 years heatset offset printing i ran a 4 color 66 inch wide press we printed all the ads that fall out of the Sunday paper. from best buy to walmart all during that time I had part time jobs doing mechanical work.. cars.. lawnmowers ect then in 2000 I was diagnosed with young onset Parkinson's disease and I had to quit and a buddy owned a local Napa store offered me a job because of knowledge of cars....its a job I love and hate but my boss is great to me and totally understanding of my situation. I hope to eventually get out of it and do something more home based so I can work during my peak times.

Hooch, I was a prnter for 20 years......my first 'real' job when I
found out my Wife was pregnant and music and art werent
going to buy pablum !
Huge specialty letterpreses, small/large offset, etc.....when XEROX
McRuined printing I went digital on the real big stuff. I couldnt
take it anymore, the OT, deadlines, losing accounts because
you were undercut by 7.50 on a bindery quote, etc....
Here in FLA, Im going to realty school so I can work on my
own. I escaped printing with most of my xylene soaked braincells
intact and nerves only slightly shot so I made out better than
some who are still in it :shock:

Im sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation but its neat you are making the best of it and not letting it hold you down.
Ill remember that next time I feel like whining about something.

Husband
Dad
Maintenance Mech. for Delray Medical Center. (5 years)
WAS.....Rehab Technician (5 years), Printer (4 years), Hotline/Pantry Cook, Silkscreener, assembly line quality control Mgr., Telephone back up system installer, Manager of small Pizza/Restaraunt.

Looks like we got a cool buch of guys doing a little of everything here.
Good topic Kev. Neat to see what everyone does when not playing with bikes. :D

Ive been in the bicycle business for 32 years. I started at the same shop in 1975 at the age of 13. I lived two blocks away from the shop and used to hang out there all the time. One day jack the owner asked me if i wanted to make a few dollars sweeping up shop and i progressed from there. Jack passed away this feb. 2nd and I just partnered up with another bike shop and bought the shop.WE will be having our grand reopening July 16th. WE carry Schwinn,GT,Mongoose,Redline,Trek,Raleigh,Diamondback,and Sun recumbents. If you cant find a bike with us your not looking for a bike.LOL

Architecture student.
Bookstore clerk.

For now the references in Office Space are my life, as my boss has all the mannerisms of Lumbergh. Including incompetence.

I originally started out my working career in the residential construction field. My father is a General contractor.....so I pretty much grew up in the family buisiness. I did residential construction (both new, and remodeling) for roughly 15 years.

I worked for almost a year once as a bike assembler for Toys "R" Us.

About 2 1/2 years ago our construction work slowed down.......and I went to work for a small industrial Spark plug factory located in Conroe,Texas :

http://www.stitt-sparkplug.com/

Stitt has been in buisiness for MANY years. My wife has worked there for over 12 years.

My official job title is "Screw Machine Operator" .....but I have to set up my own machine,maintain it, and hope to God that I'm able to make a decent part on these archaic machines. I machine the steel hulls of the actual spark plug.......and I run a machine that's similiar to this one:

Conomatic.jpg

It's a decent job that has great benefits....and my wife and I can ride to work together.....

like the name says...I'm a FireFighter here in Vancouver. We have approx 900 members and 20 Hall ( stations ) in Vancouver. I'm also apart of the Hazardous Material Team.. a few picks for ya

this Tower is at my hall(station) we also have an Engine
IMG_0352.jpg

the rigs you see here are our new HazMat Trucks.....

Group_picture_1.jpg

and a recent house fire

n601711746_63185_1419.jpg

The Uhpolstery thing you guys all know about :D

I'm an audio/video tech. i've been doing it for the past 16 years either in broadcast,audiovisual events or shows. i now work for a rental company as the quality control engineer I test the A/V gear before it goes out to our client. before that i wa a student/bicycle mecanic.

Hokey smokes Steve, your church is HUGE! Beautiful pic...Kelly

Thanks guys...yeah, 3 levels of underground parking...pretty sweet stuff. It's even a smart garage so it shows how many spaces are available before you drive in.

We are blessed with a member who is retired and a total shutterbug and lives in the high-rise across the street. Any time we need photography of any kind done, we just give him a call and he comes right over. He loves serving this way.

Latest posts

Back