What do you do, when you do what you do?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd throw this one out there.

What do we all do for Work..

myself,as said a few times, am a Journeyman Painter/Decorator.

I started out as a Drywall laborer in the 80's...weekends and
full time every Summer.I messed around at a few things after I graduated
Highschool( 1988 ) and started my apprenticship as a Painter
in 1990.( 4 year apprenticship of School/Work )

I have been Painting ever since in all areas from;

Custom Homes
Commercial
Industrial
Multi-Residential
and Faux Finishing
I love what I do...it's a very self rewarding Trade.
I own my own Company and I have 3 to 6 guys working for me at any given time.

They are a great crew!....and we crack a smile every day!

Kev.

I was a printer 17 years heatset offset printing i ran a 4 color 66 inch wide press we printed all the ads that fall out of the Sunday paper. from best buy to walmart all during that time I had part time jobs doing mechanical work.. cars.. lawnmowers ect then in 2000 I was diagnosed with young onset Parkinson's disease and I had to quit and a buddy owned a local Napa store offered me a job because of knowledge of cars....its a job I love and hate but my boss is great to me and totally understanding of my situation. I hope to eventually get out of it and do something more home based so I can work during my peak times.

Ehh ive shoveld some snow cut some grass and raked some leaves in my time, my day job is a student at madison high school. haha.

Currently I do maintenance at our local hospital. Floor scrubbers and such.I am also H.A.Z.W.O.P.E.R. trained (hazardous waste operations and emergency response) which includes separating the body parts and tissue from the formalin. :shock: In the past I've powdercoated and spraypainted, ran rollformer machines and cooked. In my spare time, when I'm not building bikes, I dabble in special effects makeup and play in a band.

Onionhead

I sadly sit at the desk most days. But the job is okay and I get to surf here as much as I like. I sell and distribute onions all across the country. My job title encompasses sales, transportation, foodsafety and computer geek.

Here is the compang logo with some extra pinup art.

Flavors_3.jpg

WHAT I DO

Well I'm a photojournalist for about 12 years, gotta degree in photography, worked in a studio then it closed, lucky me landed in a local newspaper, honed my skills, 7yrs later scored a job L.A. times community news div., awsome job 3yrs, then chicago trib. buys Times and lays the whole div off..so now I'm a freelance photojournalist last 6yrs so now its newspapers, wedding$, commercial product, editorial portraite etc.. when I'm not shooting, my other job is Volunteering at a local youth center teaching kids about bike building and focusing on something in life.

NO! I wont shoot youre kid on that PONY!! :x

later, Carl 8)

well most of ya know what i do. mechanic at college cyclery in sac ca. nothing much just doing restos, rat bikes, whatever ya know the usual. sounds a lot cooler than it is i always have a ton of projects and no time to do them.

Lucky u get 2 get paid for it!
id love working on stuff and get paid 4 it

lol i did not say i get paid all that well to do it. i am ok but not rich at all. but very happy doing it.

I know, its just cool u get paid 2 do somthing u love man.

I work in law enforcement. I command a small by-law enforcement agency of 20 unarmed officers. Yeah, we enforce parking as well if any of u are wondering. I'm a certified bike mechanic, self taught cartoonist and digital graphic artist. My passion is bikes and I'm working hard so I can do something else real soon. The rat race is no fun compared to rat bikes. :D

as I said in my intro...
I am a stay at home dad for the last 6 years. I also finished my pastoral minsitry degree 2 years ago (don't hold that against me :) ). I work at Target at night and weekends to pay off my school loan and I lead worship and do graphic design for my church and work with the youth group. Our youth group is made up of emo/punk kids that don't fit in anybody elses youth group. When our new building is finished I will run an after school program teaching graphic design, video editing and music stuff. I also hang out at a homeless gutter punk drop in center in downtown Denver. So I guess my main job is hanging out with teenagers! That way, I don't ever have to grow up. :mrgreen: Oh btw Rat Rod, I like to start trouble :p

Well as most of you already know I run a bike shop I am the sole employee (sales, mechanic, order, books). I will have to say it's ok sometimes but I too am not rich by no means. The only part that sucks is listening to my boss complain about $$$$$. Oh well, hopefully something new is on the horizon for me.

I am the manager of a small business. I do some accounting, advertising, etc. We salavage and recycle anything worth salvaging. Lumber, Bicycles, Furniture, Car parts, antique windows, doors, fireplace mantles, tools and our newest items include motorcycles. In other words I run a dumpster diving business. Nothing official but it is fun!

dumpster_diver said:
I am the manager of a small business. I do some accounting, advertising, etc. We salavage and recycle anything worth salvaging. Lumber, Bicycles, Furniture, Car parts, antique windows, doors, fireplace mantles, tools and our newest items include motorcycles. In other words I run a dumpster diving business. Nothing official but it is fun!

You are a rescuer of fine American History :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back