What did you do to your bike today?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I'm working on buiding my wife a bike ('81 Murray cruiser); I've done a lot but this is just the past week:

Sat and Sun: Went window shopping to a couple LBS for seats and tires to see what they had in stock. Prepped the frame, got it down to bare metal
On Monday I sprayed the frame with 2 part black urethane.
On Tuesday I ordered a bent springer and chainring on the net.
Wednesday... I cleaned and trued the wheels
Thursday: I bought the tires I saw on Sunday; polished the rims and mounted them. Polished the stem and misc. bolts
Friday: Since I can't afford relacing the wheels with black spokes I painted them with black urethane
Tomorrow: get a new tube since the one I used in the rear tire busted under pressure, reassemble the tire. I'll clean and re-grease the front hub and clean the crank bearings, polish the bearing cups.

Every day: check cool bikes on the net, check craigslist for that jewel in the rough find and dream about how to do the next one.

Let me start off by saying that that is an awesome bike Npense! I think that is my favorite bike of all time. Congrats! All I did was a banana seat that I got for $3 and a headlight that was free. Sorry up front for the bad cell phone pic.
SSPX0822.jpg

My 70's Varsity single speed conversion... added new seat and cream grips on it...
005.JPG

I just picked up a larger frame (2" larger), same color and might switch it?? :roll:

After 7 years I finally put on some ape hangers and removed the front fender. I replaced the front tire with a Hank. I am thinking about putting a Fat Frank in cream on the rear.

CIMG5735.jpg

Put a motor, jackshaft, and new fat franks on my Cadillac Fleetwood 8) and went for a ride...faster than I've ever been on a bicycle :wink:

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

touched up the paint on my varsity build, cleaned all the hardware and chrome, and started assembling. :D
mms_picture.jpg

mms_picturejpg257.jpg

by the way, thats not black, thats a like a midnight blue metallic. :)

ChopperDave said:
Put a motor, jackshaft, and new fat franks on my Cadillac Fleetwood 8) and went for a ride...faster than I've ever been on a bicycle :wink:

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

holy cow! I think a lot of people miss what this actually is - ive always wondered if that could be done and sure'nuff ! awesome!

No new pics yet because I'm still working on her (old ones in my Intro), but I added a front hub motor to my Townie 7 today. (And doing about 18mph very quickly after the push of a button is a bit weird on a bicycle. :) )

Other to-do's this week - New tires, new fork, new handlebars, and more beers. Pics soon!

Lets see:

today I un-laced a 26 inch wheel with a nexus 3 speed with the intent to put it in to my road bike wheel - once the 3 speed was free i realized it was a 36 hole and the rim i wanted to lace it in to was a 32. do'h

I finally got around to matching wheelsets to bikes - 24 inch with all black thick bricks for the cwc hiawatha/roadmaster build - inflated and ready to collect dust while i continue to prep the frame, fenders, rack, tank, headlight and springer for a new coat of paint.

then i mounted the electra diamond tread tires on a set of powder coated drop center wheels hem'd up with ND blackout hubs. - thats going on the hawthorne duralum build - im stalled for lack of headtube bearings and lack of a cool fork (the original setup was 24z but im going with the 26z because im a baller.)

ill get pictures of all this stuff tomorrow.

and now im on a quest for a trike - read this post if you would - viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30815

Back