Well my dream car is ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I wouldn't mind this either :p
american_motors_owners_convention_25_cd_gallery.jpg
Rock on Garth! :p

Well, since it's just a dream, how about one with the reliability, and fuel and maintenance requirements, of a plastic coated cement block, that looks and drives like this. :mrgreen:

3183741536_443e3660cc.jpg

deorman said:
Well, since it's just a dream, how about one with the reliability, and fuel and maintenance requirements, of a plastic coated cement block, that looks and drives like this. :mrgreen:

lol funny but true
I am totally lovin` that blue Z28 in the back. Looks like a `78.

deorman said:

Where'd you get that pic from? That looks like the swapmeet near me in Ontario, Canada.

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice Porsche, is it a turbo? I had a 924 once, it wasn't nearly as nice though. I like the impala too.
Not a turbo its an 82 911sc with a steel widebody conversion done back probrobly when it was almost new. I wanted a turbo and was looking for one for about 5 years and almost gave up and bought a bmw z3 but then i stumbled on this one got a great deal on it and fixed it up a bit. Im happy without a turbo i get in enough trouble without one :) plus they cost twice as much

Porsche930dude said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Nice Porsche, is it a turbo? I had a 924 once, it wasn't nearly as nice though. I like the impala too.
Not a turbo its an 82 911sc with a steel widebody conversion done back probrobly when it was almost new. I wanted a turbo and was looking for one for about 5 years and almost gave up and bought a bmw z3 but then i stumbled on this one got a great deal on it and fixed it up a bit. Im happy without a turbo i get in enough trouble without one :) plus they cost twice as much
Yeah I'd get in trouble with that too. I drive with a leadfoot. I speedshift a VW so a Porsche would be a speeding ticket waiting to happen for me. Also the Non turbo is probably a lot cheaper on insurance.

outskirtscustoms said:
Porsche930dude said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah I'd get in trouble with that too. I drive with a leadfoot. I speedshift a VW so a Porsche would be a speeding ticket waiting to happen for me. Also the Non turbo is probably a lot cheaper on insurance.
its actually only like 250$ a year! Its under my dads name and he has no tickets. but also because its through hagerty as a classic car so its like a weekend car and over 25 years old. And gets like 25mpg to boot. So yea its a heck of alot cheaper to own and operate than my crappy daily driver 87 k5 blazer

HotRodRob said:
deorman said:

Where'd you get that pic from? That looks like the swapmeet near me in Ontario, Canada.

Found it at http://farm4.static.flickr.com

pickle said:
Porsche930dude said:
My dads 58 impala
IMG_1435.jpg
:shock: *drool
such a cool car. I'll take a 58, a 59 convertible, and a 61 convertible please :D

That makes me kick myself for not buying that '60 impala I had a chance to buy. Guy from my church offered it to me for $300. Then scraped it. :cry: Wasn't in that kind of condition of coarse and it was a 4 door but the body was solid and straight.

Thanks guys! This one was sitting in a barn since the 70s when a mechanic bougt it off a customer who was an old lady getting too old to drive. It sat there untouched till the guy needed money. He had lots of cool stuff there was an old willys gasser right nexto it. 36k miles on it. Basicly still all original except paint and dual quads

Porsche930dude said:
Thanks guys! This one was sitting in a barn since the 70s when a mechanic bougt it off a customer who was an old lady getting too old to drive. It sat there untouched till the guy needed money. He had lots of cool stuff there was an old willys gasser right nexto it. 36k miles on it. Basicly still all original except paint and dual quads

Yeah back when cars were cars. 2 tons of American ingenuity beautifully crafted over a thick steel frame. Now they are recycled soup cans made overseas by machines, zero quality, and fold like a box when hit. truly a sign of the times :cry: What is the world coming to?

Back