Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really looking forward to mine arriving (between tomorrow and next Monday).

I can't help but wonder if we would have had a similar thread in 2004 talking about the new OCC Stingray for only $149! hahahahaha!

I think the comments (both pro and con) would be pretty much the same.

Cheers,
Dr.T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I'm really looking forward to mine arriving (between tomorrow and next Monday).

I can't help but wonder if we would have had a similar thread in 2004 talking about the new OCC Stingray for only $149! hahahahaha!

I think the comments (both pro and con) would be pretty much the same.

Cheers,
Dr.T

Maybe, but then the first adult to get one would quickly post up "This thing is for kids!"

It may very well be.

I really don't plan to run the wheels and tires from the Beast on that bike anyway.

I want a multi-speed set up with black rims on the Dean...basically what is on there now.

DeuceWheeler said:
Gahloo!! I have too many bikes that I do nothing with but I waaaant one of these! Darn you Ratrod and Yoothgeye!!

I echo this! :mrgreen:

I set up an order for a red one on the Walmart site but somehow managed restraint and didn't pull the trigger.....now every site I visit on the web, I'm urged by a Walmart pop-up showing the tantalizing red Beast calling out to me! :lol:

DeuceWheeler said:
Gahloo!! I have too many bikes that I do nothing with but I waaaant one of these! Darn you Ratrod and Yoothgeye!!
+ one more

Temptation is, sometimes, a good thing. :wink:

OK, this thing gets as much attention as my tall bikes!

Yesterday my neighbor came over to tell me something, I was working in the shop, there amongst 23 other bikes in that one space she looks at the Beast and says "Those are some BIG tires!" She never says anything about any of my bikes.

So I rode it to work this morning, stopped by the gas station to buy a Diet Dr. Pepper (shameless product placement) and all the plumbers and contractors standing around waiting to go on jobs immediately all started talking to me about the bike as soon as I walked in.

I got to work and parked it inside, the church secretary came in and before she said good morning she was talking about the bike, she put her stuff down in her office and came back into the hall to check out the bike.

Everyone needs one.

Mine is on the truck and 'out for delivery', looks like I've got something to put together tonight!

It's a red one, so I'll try to post some 'real' color photos tonight (daylight permitting) or Saturday (weather permitting).

Cheers,
Dr. T

That would be awesome Tank!

I see everyone on Ratrods bought all the green ones up so I guess I might have to order the "red" one. Think the blue one looks fugly so its on for the red. Don't see Walmart having any green ones for a while and the anticipation on owning me a Beast is growing so I guess its on for the red.

DPARTY82,
Bummer about the green, there's always rattlecans. Wouldn't a Kawasaki green one look BAD!
Honestly, my plan was (and still may be) to get it sandblasted and go with a clear coat on it. But, until then, the red seemed to be the most 'BMX-y' color.

I plan on installing the red bars I posted earlier w/some yellow Cobra knock-off grips, a yellow pad set and one of these bad boys.

$(KGrHqZHJCIF!crGzc-3BQcljbw2cg~~60_3.JPG

As for the blue........meh.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
DPARTY82,
Bummer about the green, there's always rattlecans. Wouldn't a Kawasaki green one look BAD!
Honestly, my plan was (and still may be) to get it sandblasted and go with a clear coat on it. But, until then, the red seemed to be the most 'BMX-y' color.

As for the blue........meh.

Cheers,
Dr. T

I hear ya on the blue one. Looks more like a big plastic bike than a Beast. I wanted something I could enjoy this summer as is out of the box and then wait till the winter to modify and customize the bike. So either way it would've gotten a new color but I guess I will have to live with the red for this year. Gonna go 'old school' with mine and can't wait to make it different!

My Red one is supposed to be delivered today...
I plan on stripping the paint and clearcoating as well.
Another one going old school....

BTW,the tires alone wiegh over 7 lbs....

Nice......old school is the new cool IMO. Some powder coating won't help with the weight but it sure will look purdy.

Just secured a red one myself. Now the waiting begins.

Back