Vintage Accessory

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought some of the younger folks would enjoy my take on a Vintage Accessory.
2011_0710BaseBike0004.jpg

I have friends looking for an authentic 50's clothes pin. These new ones are skinny & too clean.

Love the Mickey Mantle card.....I used to do this as a kid :mrgreen: You know I was just thinking that a card from one of the new chemically enhanced players would make more noise :wink:

I'd be afraid of 'roid rage.

Cool Post!!!!!!!!!! Now that brings back memories. I put a vintage mid 60's Mantle card ( hated the Yanks as a kid) via clothespin on a 1972 Huffy Super Sport 5 in 1972 when I got it new for Christmas. All the kids did it back then. Of course with the price of Mantle cards & the fact I became a Mantle fan after I began reading about him, these days I have kicked myself as an adult for using Mantle as my choice of card to use.

i found a whole bunch of older baseball cards in a field by a demoed house. probably should go grab them tommorow

Grab the cards. The bottom is out of the market, but they are still worth money. If you find one you like for the bike scan it & print one on card stock. Keep the file to print replacements, because they do wear out.
You inspired this madness, and I'm grateful.

Gary Mc - you can put a Babe Ruth card on that Hartford. Good luck finding an appropriate clothes pin.

Thanks for the Target link, but clothespins used to be made of thicker wood and had several groves in the business end. And then there's the patina aquired from years of hanging outside. I won't even mention the neighborhood mulberry trees.

well, i finally found some time to install it. :mrgreen: all those cards and only one yankees card. whoooooole lot of angels though

008 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
the little shop up the street will laminate it for a buck, so ill get to that.

009 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
well . . .it is me. hahah

Elmer, have a Babe Ruth reprint ready for the Hartford now I just need a REALLY old clothespin. First accessory & still a long way to go on the bike. Thanks for the idea!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary Mc: You're a man of good taste. I have several folks looking for vintage spring clip clothes pins. If I get more than one I'll share. (NC) I'll also post a comparison photo skowing new pins vs. old pins. Can't wait to see your bike. The Babe was the greatest.

Back