untitled #37

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for commenting!
That is a good idea, not so much for support, but just cuz it looks a bit wierd (IMO) with the fork tops "waving" in the air, un-attached - The build and front end remind me a bit of those Jesse James choppers from Wally.
This is just me playing around with not much plan, and the fork is a new idea I had. Those fat tubes un-bolt and I could try different lengths, wheels etc. A bit of fun on my last week of furlough... Work is fun but noet as fun as building bikes!
Well I’m not an engineer but you’ve basically put a cheater bar on the drop out of your forks and you’ve now, I don’t know how much but, definitely increased the torsional strain on your original forks little welds and you’ve stretched the original seat stays and lowered your center of gravity yet raised the forks pivot point. So the torsional vectors are squaring or something. At the very least I’d brace it somehow. Or don’t it’s your bike :rockout:

Well I’m not an engineer but you’ve basically put a cheater bar on the drop out of your forks and you’ve now, I don’t know how much but, definitely increased the torsional strain on your original forks little welds and you’ve stretched the original seat stays and lowered your center of gravity yet raised the forks pivot point. So the torsional vectors are squaring or something. At the very least I’d brace it somehow. Or don’t it’s your bike :rockout:
Yep, there's a reason a (real) bike looks the way it does! But I am not too worried, I am pretty much the only one riding these, and you feel 'em give way before they totally break. The whole thing becomes a game of pass-the-force to the next weakest point, when one place gets stiff, the next place takes the leverage, in my experience.
Some experiments just last N last, like this one:
13 foot frankenbike.png

Yep, there's a reason a (real) bike looks the way it does! But I am not too worried, I am pretty much the only one riding these, and you feel 'em give way before they totally break. The whole thing becomes a game of pass-the-force to the next weakest point, when one place gets stiff, the next place takes the leverage, in my experience.
Some experiments just last N last, like this one:View attachment 135532
Some experiments just last N last, like this one:View attachment 135532
B50AFC6F-8871-4FC0-B866-AA00BBE69E1C.jpeg

That bike is 100% REAL! I want one!
2 10 foot lengths of emt and you are mostly there!
i kept the rear triangle and BB "stock" and shot the new down tube and top tube up in the air.
BTW you can see my extra frame support, where the forces were getting passed to...

I made this cool- looking X of top and down tubes, and that single welded joint was bending, not breaking the welds, bending the tubing. So some primitive support, eventually something/where else will give way

I kept the rear triangle in an effort to make "rideable" bikes
it works(ed) but the frames are definitely "form follows (dis)function" - beauty, hard to say

1. That fork looks awesome.
2. You could finish the fork with motorcycle style brackets and headlight.
3. This is a cool pipe bender.
#3 = hahaha !! you mean something is bend-y-ing somewhere , right? <3
#1 = Thanks!
#2 = Finishing something, hmmmmm.... But yeah! I see what you're getting at, i see it, and i think SK does too!

Thanks!

Last edited:
OOOOOoooh!
Yeah that is a 1/2" electrical conduit bender. I also have a 3/4" one. Both are actually about 1/4" bigger than the "trade" size.

They were sort of expensive but i use 'em a lot .

Back